OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hows fishing?

Started by Muskie03, June 23, 2011, 08:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

Any of you fellas been wetting a line?
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

doublegobble

I have been after it. Walleye fishing has been awesome!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Muskie03

The eye's are comiting suicide here in MN, 40-60 fish nights are common! Headed to the Big Pond(Mille Lacs) this weekend.
Hit the bluegills last weekend. Catching them in the 10"-12" range. Some big crappies too.

Lake Osakis eye's Memorial Wknd

11" Gil

11" Gils and 13.5" Crappie

12" Gil relased

12" Gil relased

doublegobble

Nice! I need to come visit you!  :begging:
Here is my last one I caught. Didn't get a weight or actual measurement on her but rough estimate using my hand spread was 24". My wife pulled one in at the same time about 6" shorter. CPR'ed both of them, figured I would let someone else try to catch them.  :icon_thumright: I'll try to take more pictures to put up in the future.

Shotgun

When is the fish fry?  ;D  Looks like good times.

Mag10

Mille Lacs has been hot on the sand on the north end from the start,  find a rock edge in the sand and you will do well.  15 to 20 feet till sun set then go to 10 or less.  Med. or lrg leeches...  Marty

Muskie03

Quote from: Mag10 on June 25, 2011, 03:24:38 AM
Mille Lacs has been hot on the sand on the north end from the start,  find a rock edge in the sand and you will do well.  15 to 20 feet till sun set then go to 10 or less.  Med. or lrg leeches...  Marty

Forget the shallows, many people blanked out fri-sat-sun. We killed them all weekend, all on extra small leeches. No pigs but a few in the 22" to 25" range. The flats are getting better but not worth the drive when we can catch them closer. When your on the pond every weekend it's pretty easy to stay on the fish.

blueribbon

I need to get up there sometime this summer. We fished Mille Lacs last summer and had a blast. With all you guys up there i ought to be able to get a guide. Hint,Hint,Hint!!! :begging: :begging: :begging:

ghillie

I've been too busy here at work lately to get anywhere except for local lakes...been catching some dink eyes but with the heat things have really slowed down.  I hope to get up to Mille Lac area in the next week or two.  I hear the bite has been outstanding on the mud flats.  Hope it keeps up and it's still going strong when I finally get there!!!

Jay

Quote from: Muskie03 on June 23, 2011, 08:37:51 AM
Any of you fellas been wetting a line?
Less than 2 weeks Musky fisking LOTW  :happy0064:

Nimrodmar10

Caught 5 nice Rainbows below one of the TVA dams here in TN. Least one was 1 1/b pounds and the largest was 3 lbs. They were all big enough to have teeth and the big fish was big enough to have pink flesh. Been eating trout all weekend.

Muskie03

hookedspur

Thats some nice ones  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

vaturkey

Nice fish folks  !! I hear Walleye are great eatin. My buddy from Alabama came here to Va. last week for some smallmouth fishing. We fished 4 days , about 5-6 hrs each day. We caught over 300 smallmouth bass ,redeye's & perch. Sorry no pics, we released them all. Wading in shorts & tennis shoes. Had a blast !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

doublegobble

Nice fish, muskie. Been slow around here with all the flooding. Caught a limit of walleye again the other night finally. Few friends have been running diddy poles and doing well on catfish and flatheads. I was planning on running some lines for flatheads but haven't had the time.