OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting Boots?

Started by runngun, February 25, 2023, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

What recommendations do y'all have for Turkey hunting boots. I have read that some like Crispi's but I have never seen them.  I have been wearing Danner tall snake boots the last few years. Want to find another pair of comfortable boots. I do a lot of walking.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Notsoyoungturk

I have a pair of the Lacrosse Venoms.  They are very comfortable and a little less pricey than some of the others.  They have held up well during turkey and deer bow season.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

DROCK

I wear Lowa's and would buy them again.  My brother likes Crispi's.

Cottonmouth

I've been wearing L L Bean Maine hunting shoes. Most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Stay away from Irish setter vaportreks. They leak and wear out after 1 season.

silvestris

I wore Bean's for about 15 years and wore out three-four pairs, loved them.  I switched to Grange because I didn't want to keep shipping them back and I could buy the Grange at the local feed store.  I wish I were still in the Bean's.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Howieg

Danner pronghorn Is  my go to .

Number17

Hanwag Tatra II boots and a pair of Kennetrek gaiters.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Once you get to the Lowa, Crispi, Zamberlin... Realm of boots you are in a different class than Danner, Rocky, and such.  I wore Danner for years and the last couple of pairs were not all that great so I tried Crispi. Have two pairs now and not a complaint.  Just make sure you get a model that is waterproof.  On a side note I'm looking at Zamberlin for the next pair just to try something different.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

REBELYELL

I got a couple of pair of Muck boots and some Danner Sharptail snake boots, but most mornings I roll with LL Bean 16" boots. They are comfortable, lightweight and don't leak.

Tom007

Danner 10 inch Sharptail Zip-up boots. Goretex, comfortable and come in wide widths.....
"Solo hunter"

slider

Ive been wearing Lowa camino's, keep the leather waxed and ive had no issues with water when wearing gators, I also have 2 pair and rotate them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I've got about 4 pairs of Zamberlans. They fit my feet really well and are great quality boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TScottW99

I've been using a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burleys for over ten years. They've finally given up the ghost so will need a new pair. I definitely got my money's worth.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Remington700

Depends on where I am hunting on what I wear. In the swampy bottoms I wear Lacrosse knee boots because of how much water I have to cross. I would stay away from the camo ones. As they run on things the camo comes off and turn white in those areas. I have a pair of gortex North Face hikers I wear in regular wooded areas. Both have served me well in different terrain.