OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Portable power station

Started by Paulmyr, February 24, 2023, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyetterp

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 26, 2023, 11:17:23 PM
I am trying to get back into camping and need one that will run my CPAP machine and a small fan. Following.

This might be helpful. Video below about cpaps.

500 & above would be ideal, but really you could get by with a 300 & a decent solar panel. The one I mentioned prior is affordable, durable, packable, & doesn't make false claims of how much power it produces or how fast. Very efficient. 

With a 300 & you making sure to manage the battery station, you'd be good to go. Meaning make sure to use the solar panel during the day to be recharging & charging from the car if it's running. If you can afford a 500 or above then would be better with less management.

You could run the cpap, charge your phone & run some cheap little led lights that hardly draw anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8PatF2dQjk

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 26, 2023, 01:48:53 PM

Do you think it can handle a couple sessions with a boot dryer?

The modern dryers like the peets only draw 18w on low. There shouldn't be a problem. I would also suggest a 300 or the largest you could afford.

If anyone is in the market for a power station check out bluetti also. Better batteries & a little more features the jackery. I'm personally more than happy with my cheaper Baldr paired with the rockpal solar (more efficient then the baldr solar)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Chuck1443

If I turn off the mist and heat on my cpap, I can get 3 nights using the jackery .
Boot dryer made for 12volts idk
It takes around 6hrs to fully charge the jackery from a AC outlet.
Solar will be much longer .
If I'm staying someplace more than a few days and need power I take the Honda 2000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: wyetterp on February 28, 2023, 01:48:56 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 26, 2023, 11:17:23 PM
I am trying to get back into camping and need one that will run my CPAP machine and a small fan. Following.

This might be helpful. Video below about cpaps.

500 & above would be ideal, but really you could get by with a 300 & a decent solar panel. The one I mentioned prior is affordable, durable, packable, & doesn't make false claims of how much power it produces or how fast. Very efficient. 

With a 300 & you making sure to manage the battery station, you'd be good to go. Meaning make sure to use the solar panel during the day to be recharging & charging from the car if it's running. If you can afford a 500 or above then would be better with less management.

You could run the cpap, charge your phone & run some cheap little led lights that hardly draw anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8PatF2dQjk

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 26, 2023, 01:48:53 PM

Do you think it can handle a couple sessions with a boot dryer?

The modern dryers like the peets only draw 18w on low. There shouldn't be a problem. I would also suggest a 300 or the largest you could afford.

If anyone is in the market for a power station check out bluetti also. Better batteries & a little more features the jackery. I'm personally more than happy with my cheaper Baldr paired with the rockpal solar (more efficient then the baldr solar)

Thank you much, I will watch the video when I get back from coyote hunting, GF & dog are sleeping right now and the TV is my speakers on the computer. May not be able to do it til June or July but I think I can swing a 500 to start, have to pay for a camera lens in April, that's why I can't buy any calls this year other than the one.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

shatcher

Paulmyr

I'd do the small generator thing if I was setting up camp. Being mobil it's nice just to to hook things up when needed instead up dedicating generator time for charging.

I'm pretty sure it's charging the batteries for my vape that's putting all the pressure on my truck battery. I like to keep the phone charged for in the woods and use a tablet for when I'm back at the truck. Between the vape, tablet, and cell phone there's ways something plugged into the cigarette lighter.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Brillo

A small gas generator would be the ticket for sure.  I have the CAT and am not a huge fan but it is the devil I know.  On a one week trip it keep small electronics charged for three with power to spare.  Once I use the compressor or jump a vehicle, it will be nearly drained.  I'm used to it so I make sure to keep it charged when I'm around 110 power.