turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pot calls

Started by TrackeySauresRex, February 24, 2023, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Every recommendation above is dead-on, great options. I just want to add a "sleeper" not mentioned. Brad Roberts made me a Walnut pot Raw Aluminum that flat out talks Turkey. I really like the sound.......
"Solo hunter"

Bringintheh2o

I also had a Buster stoned aluminum double sider. Turkeys in South Dakota loved it this past spring. Worked really well out there and the wind blows a lot in South Dakota.

TrackeySauresRex

Thank you for your replies everyone and I will consider these suggestions at another time. This time I went with a long time call maker Ronnie Clough. He's making me a green anodized aluminum pot. I'm not sure if he's here on OG. However, what a gentleman he is and a pleasure to do business with. I'll keep Y'all posted on how it sings.
Thank you all again...
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Turkeybutt

Received my copper pot from Mike Yingling on Saturday. Great sounding call to my ear and I'm sure the Tom's are going to love it. Sounds like a "Love Sick" hen to me!

Greg Massey

You already have some good surfaces. What i would do is ask myself, how either a copper or aluminum pot call would fit into my style and area i have to hunt. I have some awesome alum / copper pots and they are nice pots to play around in the right conditions. Weather / conditions you hunt in will help you decide what you need to use in chasing gobblers.  A good waterproof striker is something you will need in your arsenal of calls.  Nothing wrong with owning a copper / alum pot call of some kind, but for my hunting needs it's not usually in my arsenal of hunting calls until i have ideal conditions and the same could be said with most slates. Good luck with your choice of pot calls..  IMO...

Chris O

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 06, 2023, 02:39:30 PM
Thank you for your replies everyone and I will consider these suggestions at another time. This time I went with a long time call maker Ronnie Clough. He's making me a green anodized aluminum pot. I'm not sure if he's here on OG. However, what a gentleman he is and a pleasure to do business with. I'll keep Y'all posted on how it sings.
Thank you all again...
Johnny
Green anodized grips the best out of all the aluminum's I have played. It will play wet with a carbon striker also. Most surfaces will play wet with a carbon rod striker. I like copper pots to I think they really do well with the soft stuff and a Yingling is one of the best there is. Enjoy your call and keep us posted.

Chris O

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 06, 2023, 02:39:30 PM
Thank you all again...
Johnny
Green anodized grips the best out of all the aluminum's I have played. It will play wet with a carbon striker also. Most surfaces will play wet with a carbon rod striker. I like copper pots to I think they really do well with the soft stuff and a Yingling is one of the best there is. Enjoy your call and keep us posted.