turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

President Jimmy Carter

Started by Zobo, February 22, 2023, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dah

Well said kytrk , a President in full camo smiling in a pic with a turkey he harvested on a turkey hunting forum is 100 percent appropriate and should be celebrated . Hunting and guns under attack from all directions and our own criticize this thread . I welcome new hunters coming to this site and seeing the pic and hear how a president enjoyed and supported hunting and fishing . I have enjoyed hearing the stories of the president on this thread as much as hearing other hunters stories.

BDeal

Quote from: dah on February 24, 2023, 12:21:07 PM
Well said kytrk , a President in full camo smiling in a pic with a turkey he harvested on a turkey hunting forum is 100 percent appropriate and should be celebrated . Hunting and guns under attack from all directions and our own criticize this thread . I welcome new hunters coming to this site and seeing the pic and hear how a president enjoyed and supported hunting and fishing . I have enjoyed hearing the stories of the president on this thread as much as hearing other hunters stories.

Absolutely!!!

Spitten and drummen

I heard he use to hang out with corn pop at the ymca. Rumor is he called up Corn Pops first bird. Oh , and Joe Biden called up Jimmy's first gobbler.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Turkeybutt

H. Hoover called up J. Bidens first bird!

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Turkeybutt on February 24, 2023, 02:54:22 PM
H. Hoover called up J. Bindens first bird!

Dang! And all this time I thought Ben Franklin called Bidens first one up???
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Kylongspur88

Mr Carter truly loved the outdoors and sharing time in it with friends. Instead of profiting off his presidency by writing books and charging hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees and using his connections to profit on the market he devoted himself to building homes with habitat for humanity and teaching Sunday school. I know several people that have attended his class and all walked away better for it. That says a lot about him as a man. I hope his final days are comfortable and maybe one day we'll get to share a turkey hunt with him in the great beyond.

Notsoyoungturk

He was a duck hunter too.  One time when I was much younger, I was going duck hunting with some buddies near Waldenburg, AR.  We were making the turn to go into our lease and were stopped by the secret service.  Apparently, President Carter was hunting much farther down the same road.  They wouldn't let us go down the road to our pit until he was safely tucked into his pit with his hunting buddies. Never agreed with his politics but I appreciate a fellow sportsman.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

idgobble

"Life is just too short to go quail hunting with the wrong people."

-President Jimmy Carter

Carter came to my state and rafted thru The River of No Return wilderness. It's not a trip for the faint hearted.
https://gorafting.com/2022/05/11/jimmy-carter-middle-fork-salmon/

Since so many of you are criticizing him, try googling "ranking America's worst presidents"  and see where he's ranked and compare him to some of the ones you like.

Slasher

Having been able to meet him and Rosslyn.. Was an eye opener...
Aside from his politics(which I don't see the same as him..), he is a genuine Godly kind hearted man... make no doubts about that... Also he loved to hunt turkeys.... He is very humble, but assuredly I bet he's probably a very good turkey hunter!!!

Rosslyn sat across from me on a flight and  saw me reading a bow hunting magazine and said something about how Jimmy loves to hint turkeys... He swung his head around and we talked about turkeys at length...

I disagree with him on many things...
But as a man- I have the utmost respect for him...
As a believer-I strive to be more like him!
I wish that some of those qualities were more prevalent among our politicians in Washington these days