OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

President Jimmy Carter

Started by Zobo, February 22, 2023, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

Jimmy Carter is too decent of a man to have been president.  We're experiencing the worst right now.  I'd share a turkey hunt with him.

crow

Not sure how this thread was meant to be controversial, it says right off the bat to forget politics

as far as the pic being controversial, there is no decoys, blinds, reaping fans or empty boxes of TSS in sight. Just an old happy hunter

I don't think much of him as a President but hope I still have the drive to hunt at his age

Cowboy

Quote from: crow on February 23, 2023, 03:34:46 PM
Not sure how this thread was meant to be controversial, it says right off the bat to forget politics

as far as the pic being controversial, there is no decoys, blinds, reaping fans or empty boxes of TSS in sight. Just an old happy hunter

I don't think much of him as a President but hope I still have the drive to hunt at his age
True right here. This guy was a Baptist Sunday school teacher even AFTER the Presidency. Turkey hunter and fisherman as seen in the pics posted. Good man just not good at his job.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Went and listened to him teach Sunday School years after he was no longer President.  I also have worked with Habitat for Humanity helping build houses through my church.  One of his former Secret Service agents was a client of mine. 

I agree with almost zero of his politics, but respect he tried to make his decisions from a proper place and tried to be a good man, unlike another recent president who I agreed with almost all of his policies but would not spit on him if his guts were on fire.   

I want to hear any turkey hunting stories about him though and will stick with this thread to see if anyone has any. 

I did recently hunt with a former US Representative from the "other party" from me.  We did not talk politics with him or his wife.  But we did talk hunting, cattle and Old Florida.  Turned out we knew a ton of the same people.  Enjoyed it so much we invited him to hunt with us (my nephew had won a duck hunt at his place in an Auction to benefit youth hunting in Florida).
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Will

I was an elementary school aged kid when he was president but learned some colorful language at a young age when my grandfather would vent his feelings about him. That being said I hope we see another day where a president, Democrat or Republican, poses in such a way enjoying the sport of hunting. Can't imagine how the media would react if a present day president did that now!

runngun

Remember Vice President Cheney giving the fellow a bunch of lead shot for his troubles.  We do not need that kind of publicity.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

crow

Quote from: runngun on February 23, 2023, 07:29:13 PM
Remember Vice President Cheney giving the fellow a bunch of lead shot for his troubles.  We do not need that kind of publicity.

Have a good one, Bo

Thats still not as bad as telling people to just go out on the back deck and shoot your trusty SXS up in the air to scare off home invaders, thats all you need

the Ward

Good turkey hunter? Probably. Good rabbit hunter? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runngun

You are right Crow!!!! I forgot about that one!!!

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Cowboy

Quote from: runngun on February 23, 2023, 07:46:15 PM
You are right Crow!!!! I forgot about that one!!!

Indeed.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

shatcher

This man is on his death bed.  I pray that he rests peacefully now and hereafter.  A true gentleman, indeed!

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 23, 2023, 02:19:38 PM
You know i have to comment one more time about posts like this one , this will receive more view's / reply's and reads than someone trying to share good questions / experiences and information about how to hunt these gobblers and really it's a shame we let this happen with all the great knowledge this forum has to offer... It really bad when a guy ask a legitimate question about turkey hunting on this forum and only a few of us will reply with our on experience and that post will have over 100 reads or view's / looks with only very few reply's ... Everyone should take a minute and think about it ... controversial forum with these type post or do with want a forum that shares all kinds of turkey hunting knowledge and people asking questions and sharing about calls and how to make themselves better at turkey hunting. This may hurt a few people's feelings , but again is it not the truth ... ask yourself ... IMO.... Think about it , this is the time of the year we have the biggest influx of new people to the forum that could have second thoughts about joining this great forum.   But again we keep adding fuel to the fire ... with these controversial posts.. Posting his picture made it controversial from the start... IMO

X10
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

Quote from: Will on February 23, 2023, 07:24:05 PM
I was an elementary school aged kid when he was president but learned some colorful language at a young age when my grandfather would vent his feelings about him. That being said I hope we see another day where a president, Democrat or Republican, poses in such a way enjoying the sport of hunting. Can't imagine how the media would react if a present day president did that now!

This is a good point. You'll almost certainly never see a President hunting again. I remember reading a bio on T. Roosevelt and the only thing the biographer held against TR was his love of hunting. I thought that's was crazy because it was his hunting legacy that I most admired about him.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

WildTigerTrout

I enlisted in the U.S. Army when Jimmy Carter was President.  IMO he was not a good president.  I did not like him after leaving office making it his business to tell future Presidents how to run the country when he made a mess of it while he was in office. Putting this aside I think he is a good, honest person who loves God and his country.  Hey, he grew up in rural Georgia.  I think putting politics aside he would be good guy to hang out with.  I know he fly fishes and turkey hunts.  That's great.  From what I understand his wife was a better fly fishermen than he was.  They came to Pennsylvania for many years to fly fish Spruce Creek together  I pray for him and his family as he takes that journey from which there is no return.  God bless you Jimmy.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: crow on February 23, 2023, 03:34:46 PM

Post 2008 Americans can't mention a president or political figure without turning into an emotional train wreck. Both sides are so sensitive about it, it hurts. While it was a cool attempt to try and honor a dying president and his love of turkey hunting on what I thought was a turkey hunting forum, we just haven't quite gotten to the emotional maturity level to do so. (Hence why Shannon's already had to delete posts on here from those who couldn't contain themselves)
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story