OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

President Jimmy Carter

Started by Zobo, February 22, 2023, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

IS HE A TURKEY HUNTER OR TURKEY KILLER ?   :fud: :z-guntootsmiley:

Happy

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 23, 2023, 09:49:04 AM
IS HE A TURKEY HUNTER OR TURKEY KILLER ?   :fud: :z-guntootsmiley:
More importantly, was his wife a tennis player?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

jhoward11

I bet if he wasn't president, (which he was the worst), he might have been a good ole southern boy to hang with. I'll pray peace for his family.

Dtrkyman

Yeah cuz we have had so many good presidents.  Just another turd in the punch bowl in that regard.

Cowboy

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 23, 2023, 09:48:32 AM
Pretty cool to know that he was a former president who could have been doing anything and anywhere he wanted, and he chose to be turkey hunting. That's pretty cool to me.
True

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Vintage

Greg Massey

You know i have to comment one more time about posts like this one , this will receive more view's / reply's and reads than someone trying to share good questions / experiences and information about how to hunt these gobblers and really it's a shame we let this happen with all the great knowledge this forum has to offer... It really bad when a guy ask a legitimate question about turkey hunting on this forum and only a few of us will reply with our on experience and that post will have over 100 reads or view's / looks with only very few reply's ... Everyone should take a minute and think about it ... controversial forum with these type post or do with want a forum that shares all kinds of turkey hunting knowledge and people asking questions and sharing about calls and how to make themselves better at turkey hunting. This may hurt a few people's feelings , but again is it not the truth ... ask yourself ... IMO.... Think about it , this is the time of the year we have the biggest influx of new people to the forum that could have second thoughts about joining this great forum.   But again we keep adding fuel to the fire ... with these controversial posts.. Posting his picture made it controversial from the start... IMO

outdoorguy3

;D
Quote from: crow on February 23, 2023, 12:12:00 AM
He invented TSS the year before Al Gore invented the internet

GobbleNut

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 23, 2023, 02:19:38 PM
You know i have to comment one more time about posts like this one , this will receive more view's / reply's and reads than someone trying to share good questions / experiences and information about how to hunt these gobblers and really it's a shame we let this happen with all the great knowledge this forum has to offer... It really bad when a guy ask a legitimate question about turkey hunting on this forum and only a few us will reply with our on experience and that post will have over 100 reads or view's / looks with only very few reply's ... Everyone should take a minute and think about it ... controversial forum with these type post or do with want a forum that shares all kinds of turkey hunting knowledge and people asking questions and sharing about calls and how to make themselves better at turkey hunting. This may hurt a few people's feelings , but again is it not the truth ... ask yourself ... IMO.... Think about it , this is the time of the year we have the biggest influx of new people to the forum that could have second thoughts about joining this great forum.

Agreed   :icon_thumright:

silvestris

I, with my children, sister, brother-in-law and niece drove to Andersonville and Plains to sightsee.  We learned that the President and his brother, of Billy Beer fame, were to play a softball game and the public were invited to watch.  I rather enjoyed the play and captured many good photos.  Out of 47 Presidents, someone has to be the worst.  I doubt that Jimmy was the worst, but he certainly was in the running.  I do believe he was a good man, and I am proud for him for getting his gobbler.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Zobo

The only thing I would say is that this post really isn't that controversial. EVERYONE agrees he wasn't a good president. But he is a turkey hunter and even in his late 90's STILL has the desire to hunt these birds. I just found that interesting and relevant.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

runngun

He was Our President. President of the greatest Country in the world. I was only a child when he was elected. 
And from other things that I have seen, he definitely loved the sport of TURKEY HUNTING.  Couldn't be all bad.

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Turkeybutt

He was a big time Fly Fisherman as well, here he is fishing in Pa after he was out of office

Turkeybutt

Turkeybutt

Diffidently not are best president but since he turkey hunted and fly fished he was alright in my book. He was one of us!