turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Water bottle recommendations?

Started by g8rvet, February 22, 2023, 11:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Can anyone recommend a light weight, no sound water bottle, roughly the size of a store bought one to fit in my vest?   I am not gonna do the bladder thing because I would need to clean it too often here in the warm south and I just know I will not be good about that.  Would like one easy to clean.  I almost always prehydrate as I step out of the truck, so if I am planning a long hunt I can always just pack some extra water bottles.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ScottTaulbee

I use a press water purification bottle from a company called grayl. The filter cartridge lasts 3 years or 300 presses I think. The filter is around 30$ I'm wanting to say and I carry my bottle in, get water from a creek or puddle or whatever when I need a drink, drink it and and carry my empty bottle. It's been tested to remove all water impurities from all 7 continents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I like those small ones that are around 16 oz.  aluminum types that have a carabiner attachment to the top... that's mostly what i use.. Sometimes just the plastic water bottle... I have also used an empty Sprite bottle ... 

idratherb

Try Runners warehouse, I do triathlons and use soft flasks a lot and they work good for hunting too!

Tail Feathers

I use a Camelbak Podium bottle.  It doesn't leak at all and doesn't make any sloshing noise.  Under $20 if I recall.  I probably need to buy a backup.  It stays in my vest water bottle holder just fine.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

vt35mag

Camelback podium dirt series

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CALLM2U

Camelback podium is a good solution. 

I will say though, I'm also in the South with lots of humidity and I don't have any issues using a bladder.  Been doing that for several years now without issue.  I'll never go back to a water bottle. 

TurkeyReaper69

Platypus. Thank me later. They weigh like an ounce and are collapsible and everything

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: idratherb on February 22, 2023, 11:39:03 AM
Try Runners warehouse, I do triathlons and use soft flasks a lot and they work good for hunting too!
I believe a soft flask is the technical speak for what I just mentioned previously.

g8rvet

Quote from: CALLM2U on February 22, 2023, 12:19:15 PM
Camelback podium is a good solution. 

I will say though, I'm also in the South with lots of humidity and I don't have any issues using a bladder.  Been doing that for several years now without issue.  I'll never go back to a water bottle.

How is it to clean?  How often do you clean it?   

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

wyetterp

I know a lot of long hikers that prefer the smart water bottles. Those things last forever & don't make any noise. I like the liter size ones with the squeeze cap.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

DROCK

Nalgene - been using them for years. No problems

Nathan_Wiles

I use the Nalgene, the big one (32 oz.) for expected longer hunts and the little one (16oz.) for expected quicker hunts.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sungrazer

IF you only drink water a bladder does not need cleaning. Take cap off, mouthpiece off and let air dry. If you put juice,Gatorade,electrolyte water, etc in it you should rinse and clean after use or you'll have a science experiment growing in it. Used one for many years Dirtbiking and learned this.
If I'm on a 7 day tag I just refill every morning, air dry the hose and bladder when I'm back home the 8th day.

WV Flopper

I did not die from my water bladder last year but did only use it for the two later weeks of season...when it got hot. Use will most likely be the same this year.

I hate the sloshing sound of a water bottle in my vest. Usually it's a plastic water bottle out of a case the girl bought for the house. As I take a drink or five, I squeeze the bottle to let the air out and recap with water right at the top of the bottle. No more sound from the Aquafina while walking.