turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

KLUK Custom Calls

Started by bbcoach, February 20, 2023, 06:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Anybody tried the KLUK mouth calls.  Plenty of regular cuts and 3 different tensions for each call.  Smokin hen comes in 2 and 3 reed versions with 3 different tensions, with a cut I've never seen before.  I understand they had a booth at NWTF this past weekend.  Plenty of Youtube videos online.  Just curious on what your thoughts are.

Cowboy

I believe my brother bought some at the convention.  I'll check with him and give some feedback.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

sixbird

Excellent calls!
The variants of ghost cuts are fabulous! Easy to run and sound great! The three stretches for each cut is a novel idea and each cut runs slightly different and sounds noticeably different.
Customer service is surprising, esp. in this age of shortages and indifferent companies.
I contacted them when, unbeknownst to me, they were elk hunting. They answered that day!
I'm all in on them, both from an ease of use perspective and a customer service prospective!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Quote from: sixbird on February 20, 2023, 11:07:21 PM
Excellent calls!
The variants of ghost cuts are fabulous! Easy to run and sound great! The three stretches for each cut is a novel idea and each cut runs slightly different and sounds noticeably different.
Customer service is surprising, esp. in this age of shortages and indifferent companies.
I contacted them when, unbeknownst to me, they were elk hunting. They answered that day!
I'm all in on them, both from an ease of use perspective and a customer service prospective!

Recommendations Sixbird? The Smokin Hen has me intrigued.

sixbird

Coach...If you like a ghost cut, any of their ghost "like" calls are great.
My preference, since I have center air flow and like an easy blowing call, is the two reed, medium and high stretch Smokin' Hen. I prefer the original ever so slightly over the 2.0 but it's splitting hairs. The 2.0 is slightly more raspy. The original, for me, SLIGHTLY easier to run (for me).
I also like the cryin' Karen.
I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those.
I've heard other people play their batwing and it was spot on raspy old hen but I've never run one myself.
Great company. Great owners. Great customer service, as I said earlier...

bbcoach

I prefer a light stretched ghost or split v.  The ghost gives me the added kee kee but a good split v is hard to beat since I have a center air flow as well.  The two reed should be very easy to blow but the 3 reed Smokin Hen seems more realistic to me.  All the Youtube videos have the guys running the Low (Green) taped calls.  I definitely like the option on tension, but the different cut configurations have me very intrigued.  I'll probably buy a couple of the different Smokin Hens and a Cryin Karen and give them a go.

sixbird

Go for it brutha' ????
That's why they make the different cuts/stretches. You can dial it in to just where you like it...

sixbird

I have to say, the tone I get playing the Hens isn't what Jed or Brian get. Mine is less high pitched and less harsh ( I DO like that raspy harsh yelp and I can make it on them but my natural yelp is a little LESS harsh).
Not saying I'm better than them or as good as them (not by any stretch). Just saying your tone may be markedly different that theirs.

KLUK CUSTOM CALLS

Quote from: bbcoach on February 20, 2023, 06:02:08 PM
Anybody tried the KLUK mouth calls.  Plenty of regular cuts and 3 different tensions for each call.  Smokin hen comes in 2 and 3 reed versions with 3 different tensions, with a cut I've never seen before.  I understand they had a booth at NWTF this past weekend.  Plenty of Youtube videos online.  Just curious on what your thoughts are.
Hey, we appreciate you asking about us!  If you guys ever have any questions feel free to message us or give us a call at the shop.  We are glad to help anyone out! 

bbcoach

Well I think I have found my Go To call.  It's the Crying Karen in low stretch.  This modified ghost cut does a Great job with All the turkey vocalizations.  I've been practicing exclusively with this call and I've gotten really comfortable with the yelps, whines and purrs that this call produces.  If you have a center air flow, give this call a look.

KLUK CUSTOM CALLS

Quote from: bbcoach on January 08, 2024, 12:04:16 PM
Well I think I have found my Go To call.  It's the Crying Karen in low stretch.  This modified ghost cut does a Great job with All the turkey vocalizations.  I've been practicing exclusively with this call and I've gotten really comfortable with the yelps, whines and purrs that this call produces.  If you have a center air flow, give this call a look.
That's great to hear!  If you like that call check out the new PURPLE TURKINATOR. 

Burtwill

they are good. I bought some last year and became my main call i ran all year.

KLUK CUSTOM CALLS

Quote from: Burtwill on January 16, 2024, 07:22:01 AM
they are good. I bought some last year and became my main call i ran all year.
Appreciate it!

WV Ridge Reaper

I seen this post last year and looked em over..Passed..got board a few weeks ago looked em over again..I hate a call thats more then 2.5 reeds..Gave em a call,forget who i talked to..anyway a few clicks later i had two calls.

One i have ran and like a lot,ill buy another one for back up..the other i haven't really tried yet..But they picked up the phone called me back and my order was shipped the next day.

Seem like good guys i wish them luck i just hope one day they look to make some batwings with 2 reeds...Im gonna place another order this week.

They are for sure worth a try,good guys right outta pa

KLUK CUSTOM CALLS

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 17, 2024, 10:06:19 PM
I seen this post last year and looked em over..Passed..got board a few weeks ago looked em over again..I hate a call thats more then 2.5 reeds..Gave em a call,forget who i talked to..anyway a few clicks later i had two calls.

One i have ran and like a lot,ill buy another one for back up..the other i haven't really tried yet..But they picked up the phone called me back and my order was shipped the next day.

Seem like good guys i wish them luck i just hope one day they look to make some batwings with 2 reeds...Im gonna place another order this week.

They are for sure worth a try,good guys right outta pa

We appreciate the feedback!  2 reed calls are definitely something we will look into.  Thanks for the review on here and best of luck this season!