OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box call sound.

Started by Paulmyr, February 19, 2023, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

I tried posting this in the turkey sound file section but there's not much action down there. I'm working on this box call and would like your opinions on how it sounds. I been hearing it so much my ears are getting numb to the sound.

https://youtu.be/ZDbckLi1VW0

Thanks for checking it out.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

FLGobstopper

I like the nasally kind of old hen yelp you got going on. However, it sounds slightly mono tone to me.

Personally I like a bit higher front end that rolls over and ends with that nasally raspy yee-awk. It could be if you play with the tuning a bit you'll find that higher end . One of the first things I always like to look for on any box or pot is if I can get a full range from Kee-Kee to raspy yelp.

That's my personal opinion, others may hear it different and look for something completely different. Disclaimer, I'm not a call maker or call judge or anything of that nature. I just like a good call that will yank gobbles out of turkeys, pull em close and appreciate fine craftsmanship. I cannot commit on what exactly it takes to make it. But what I look for in a call.

I hope this description is somewhat helpful. Good luck to you and hope you find a ton of joy in the process of finding lots of turkeys in your calls.