Main Menu

$31,000 #5 Mr Fox Vest

Started by Trumpetyelper, February 18, 2023, 09:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist13

Quote from: BBR12 on February 19, 2023, 08:26:05 PM
Quote from: Archivist13 on February 19, 2023, 03:07:24 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on February 19, 2023, 01:50:28 PM
To everyone bashing the cost of this auction vest... understand it's all relative guys. This was simply a tax write-off that someone needed....nothing more. He probably could care less about the actual vest.

Which honestly makes it even worse.

I personally know the invdividual who purchased the vest. He called me just before it went to auction and immediatley after he purchased it.  I am a collector of turkey items and I want these things to go to someone who cares. I can tell you this person does care. Someone in his family had a "we know each other relationship" with Toxey. This led to him working for MO when he went to school at MS State. This of course introduced him to Mr. Fox who treated him great and made a huge impression on my friend. I've heard the strories for 20+ years.  Since then my friend has gone on to be very successful and has the money to spend on things he wants. Even if it seems crazy to most everyone, this is not alot of money to some people.  He was super excited to get the vest and Daniel Haas was also very excited when he called my buddy and learned the whole story also.

That makes me happy to hear. Congrats to your friend!

Howieg

Quote from: runngun on February 19, 2023, 09:24:44 PM
I really don't care what someone pays for anything.  It's their business and don't cost me a dime. Like has already been said, I have bought stuff that others would think that it is crazy! I am happy with just seeing others happy!!! Whatever floats your boat. I don't judge others based on what they have or don't
There's a enough judging going on.

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I 100 % agree .  Honestly, "if" I had that kind of money that it wouldn't affect my family's well being ? I'd gladly buy one . And wouldn't give 2 rats what people say .

762hunter

To everyone bashing the cost of this auction vest... understand it's all relative guys. This was simply a tax write-off that someone needed....nothing more. He probably could care less about the actual vest.

I personally know the invdividual who purchased the vest. He called me just before it went to auction and immediatley after he purchased it.  I am a collector of turkey items and I want these things to go to someone who cares. I can tell you this person does care. Someone in his family had a "we know each other relationship" with Toxey. This led to him working for MO when he went to school at MS State. This of course introduced him to Mr. Fox who treated him great and made a huge impression on my friend. I've heard the strories for 20+ years.  Since then my friend has gone on to be very successful and has the money to spend on things he wants. Even if it seems crazy to most everyone, this is not alot of money to some people.  He was super excited to get the vest and Daniel Haas was also very excited when he called my buddy and learned the whole story also.
That's awesome! Congrats to your buddy!
And yes I believe if MO is behind it then it's not what everyone else thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Well that's great to hear. I stand corrected on my other post.  Glad it's someone who cares about it.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Rtr1987

I've seen a LOT of people complaining about the Fox vests and the negative effect they think it will have on turkey hunting in general. I sure hope anyone complaining doesn't have their social media full of half naked "outdoor influencers" or watches any of those youtube channels where hunters travel state to state limiting out. Sure seems like a much bigger threat to turkey hunting imo. We are well on our way to having public lands flooded with young hunters who believe daddy's money is more effective than actually learning from an experienced hunter. If you happen to be a public land duck hunter, you fully understand what I'm saying lol.

BMAC_Turkeys

Quote from: Rtr1987 on February 20, 2023, 10:07:47 AM
We are well on our way to having public lands flooded with young hunters who believe daddy's money is more effective than actually learning from an experienced hunter. If you happen to be a public land duck hunter, you fully understand what I'm saying lol.

This right cher

Im not saying there is anything wrong with this and public is public but if you cant stand the guys that think they know what they are doing and wont let em land feet first and like to skybust or mess up working ducks that you're working, then get ready for the crow calling non-stop, fanning, shooting TSS out to 70 yard crowd.  I hope Im wrong

Spitten and drummen

Well.... Their money and they spend it any way they choose. I would bet that anyone on this site would pay that if they had plenty of money. I personally couldn't touch that with a 100 foot pole but for those that can , congratulations. I am not a jealous type person what so ever. Do I think that's way too much money? Yes indeed. But then again I don't have a fat bank account. To some people , 31k is like 300 bucks to some others just like 30 bucks is like 300 bucks to others. I have grown older and I have put my life in perspective. You simply can't take anything with you when you depart from this life. Also we are only here for a blink of a eye. Me personally I look forward to my reward when I meet our Father in heaven.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tail Feathers

His money, his business.  I guess vests 1-4 went to company execs, VIP's? 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: BMAC_Turkeys on February 20, 2023, 10:14:20 AM
We are well on our way to having public lands flooded with young hunters who believe daddy's money is more effective than actually learning from an experienced hunter. If you happen to be a public land duck hunter, you fully understand what I'm saying lol.

This right cher

Im not saying there is anything wrong with this and public is public but if you cant stand the guys that think they know what they are doing and wont let em land feet first and like to skybust or mess up working ducks that you're working, then get ready for the crow calling non-stop, fanning, shooting TSS out to 70 yard crowd.  I hope Im wrong
We've had that crowd of turkey shooters in my area for 4 or 5 years now, the past 2 years, we have gotten the same crowd you speak of in the duck holes that used to not see but a couple people a season.

the Ward

This right cher

A turkey vest caused all this? Funny thing is, every other guy hunting on public is probably thinking the same thing about
you lol.

the Ward

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 20, 2023, 10:26:50 AM
Well.... Their money and they spend it any way they choose. I would bet that anyone on this site would pay that if they had plenty of money. I personally couldn't touch that with a 100 foot pole but for those that can , congratulations. I am not a jealous type person what so ever. Do I think that's way too much money? Yes indeed. But then again I don't have a fat bank account. To some people , 31k is like 300 bucks to some others just like 30 bucks is like 300 bucks to others. I have grown older and I have put my life in perspective. You simply can't take anything with you when you depart from this life. Also we are only here for a blink of a eye. Me personally I look forward to my reward when I meet our Father in heaven.
Great post!

Rtr1987

Quote from: the Ward on February 20, 2023, 11:45:05 AM

This right cher

A turkey vest caused all this? Funny thing is, every other guy hunting on public is probably thinking the same thing about
you lol.
I'm pretty sure I said nothing remotely close to that. I was clearly pointing out that there are much more detrimental things to Turkey hunting than a vest. I personally liked the vest idea. I don't know why people are so butt hurt over it to be honest. There are way more important things Turkey hunters should be worrying about. Hence the meaning of my post.

the Ward

Well no offense intended to ya, but this thread was about a turkey vest that went for big money.
You said the woods are going to be invaded by rich kids fueled with daddy money, hence my
reply.

Yelpster

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 20, 2023, 11:03:50 AM
His money, his business.  I guess vests 1-4 went to company execs, VIP's?

1-3 went to fox, toxey, and the MO headquarters.

5 went to the auction

#4 vest i cant find information

all vests 1-10 will be loaded with the calls

Rtr1987

Quote from: the Ward on February 20, 2023, 01:10:00 PM
Well no offense intended to ya, but this thread was about a turkey vest that went for big money.
You said the woods are going to be invaded by rich kids fueled with daddy money, hence my
reply.

No offense taken at all, sir. However, I don't want anything I say to be misrepresented. I posted my opinion about all of the negative reactions about this vest, in the forum topic that is specifically about said vest, where people are actively posting their opinions on that exact matter. I then mentioned two things that I have seen having a much more negative effect on Turkey hunting in my area and experience that I believe to be infinitely more important than a dang vest lol. If you are a wealthy man and you have wealthy kids out there hunting public land, something tells me that you'd have taught them the importance of every other aspect besides simply shooting a turkey and posting a picture. I'm willing to bet you've taught younger hunters the rich history and traditions, woodsmanship, conservation etc. Social Media teaches instant gratification and that is one thing that does not belong in Turkey Hunting. This sport isn't a fad, this is a way of life for most of us. I'm not going to post anymore in this topic because I don't want to derail the topic. Please remember that the overwhelming majority of us here want the same thing, the preservation of this sport we love. We are all on the same side here.