OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

$31,000 #5 Mr Fox Vest

Started by Trumpetyelper, February 18, 2023, 09:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Tail Feathers

To quote the wise sage Jed Clampett..."Hoooooooo-eeeeeeeee!" ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fountain2

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 18, 2023, 11:31:50 PM
From the Primos website:

"Nine of the country's top custom call makers made batches of limited numbered (1-10) calls signed in honor of Mr. Fox. We'll have photos, videos and stories from the shop of each call maker coming later this spring.
Custom Call Makers:
• Mark Prudhomme - Trumpet
• Billy Buice - Trumpet
• Steve Mann - Paddle Box
• Lamar Williams - Two Check Box
• Marlin Watkins - Fiddle Paddle box
• TJ Johnson - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Bill Zearing - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Dean Redbeard Mundhenke - Copper pot calls
• Pat Strawser - Slate Calls"

Question is, were all of those calls in this vest???   Most of the 10 calls made by those call makers are going to be auctioned off individually and will not be in 10 vests like most thought there would be.  In my mind, I was thinking 1-10 would be loaded with these calls somewhat like the few dixon vests with the calls.  But no, they will auction them off individually to appeal to a larger crowd that won't be able to afford a fully loaded vetst

Trumpetyelper

It's my understanding that none of the vests come with calls.  the first 10 have the opportunity to purchase some calls specialized for those numbers.  The remaining vests can buy any of the calls also, but I don't believe any vest comes with anything other than the vest.

Trumpetyelper

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 18, 2023, 10:30:48 PM
I believe that is WITH the limited edition calls.

The vest came with NO Calls

Trumpetyelper

They have the option to purchase these calls.  The vest doesn't come with any calls.

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 18, 2023, 11:31:50 PM
From the Primos website:

"Nine of the country's top custom call makers made batches of limited numbered (1-10) calls signed in honor of Mr. Fox. We'll have photos, videos and stories from the shop of each call maker coming later this spring.
Custom Call Makers:
• Mark Prudhomme - Trumpet
• Billy Buice - Trumpet
• Steve Mann - Paddle Box
• Lamar Williams - Two Check Box
• Marlin Watkins - Fiddle Paddle box
• TJ Johnson - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Bill Zearing - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Dean Redbeard Mundhenke - Copper pot calls
• Pat Strawser - Slate Calls"

Happy

So they are pitting the owner of the vest against someone who could potentially outbid them on the call and force their hand to pay an even more outrageous price to get the entire package? If so, that is a heck of a way to make more money but kinda dirty towards the guy that purchased the vest in my opinion. I would think it fair to give the owner of the vest first dibs on the call at whatever the asking price is and then auction them off if he declines them. I have no stake in the whole game, but it seems a little underhanded to me.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

sippy cup

All you can say is a idiot and there money soon part there are already idiots on ebay selling the vest for 2500 shows the morels of people and greed
beware of longdale legend

FL-Boss

To everyone bashing the cost of this auction vest... understand it's all relative guys. This was simply a tax write-off that someone needed....nothing more. He probably could care less about the actual vest.

Archivist13

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 19, 2023, 01:50:28 PM
To everyone bashing the cost of this auction vest... understand it's all relative guys. This was simply a tax write-off that someone needed....nothing more. He probably could care less about the actual vest.

Which honestly makes it even worse.

Cowboy

True. Wasn't Joe Blow needing or wanting a turkey vest.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

The number 5 vest that was sold at the NWTF auction DID contain all of those calls.  It was NOT the option to buy the calls.  I confirmed this information with the Haas family immediately prior to making this post.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

BBR12

Quote from: Archivist13 on February 19, 2023, 03:07:24 PM

I personally know the invdividual who purchased the vest. He called me just before it went to auction and immediatley after he purchased it.  I am a collector of turkey items and I want these things to go to someone who cares. I can tell you this person does care. Someone in his family had a "we know each other relationship" with Toxey. This led to him working for MO when he went to school at MS State. This of course introduced him to Mr. Fox who treated him great and made a huge impression on my friend. I've heard the strories for 20+ years.  Since then my friend has gone on to be very successful and has the money to spend on things he wants. Even if it seems crazy to most everyone, this is not alot of money to some people.  He was super excited to get the vest and Daniel Haas was also very excited when he called my buddy and learned the whole story also.

deathfoot

Quote from: BBR12 on February 19, 2023, 08:26:05 PM
Quote from: Archivist13 on February 19, 2023, 03:07:24 PM

I personally know the invdividual who purchased the vest. He called me just before it went to auction and immediatley after he purchased it.  I am a collector of turkey items and I want these things to go to someone who cares. I can tell you this person does care. Someone in his family had a "we know each other relationship" with Toxey. This led to him working for MO when he went to school at MS State. This of course introduced him to Mr. Fox who treated him great and made a huge impression on my friend. I've heard the strories for 20+ years.  Since then my friend has gone on to be very successful and has the money to spend on things he wants. Even if it seems crazy to most everyone, this is not alot of money to some people.  He was super excited to get the vest and Daniel Haas was also very excited when he called my buddy and learned the whole story also.

Congrats to your friend. I've been at auctions where I wanted something and I was gonna get it regardless the cost. I, for one, am not judging the person who bought the vest. Heck, I've blown a lot of money on things that people have shook their heads at. I'm debating something they will auction again next year that people will shake their heads at.

My fear is how the proceeds will be spent. If it goes for the wild turkey I am 100% for this. My fear is that it won't. But congrats to your friend. He's earned his money. Let him spend it as he wishes. I just wish the NWTF would spend theirs where we wish they would.

runngun

I really don't care what someone pays for anything.  It's their business and don't cost me a dime. Like has already been said, I have bought stuff that others would think that it is crazy! I am happy with just seeing others happy!!! Whatever floats your boat. I don't judge others based on what they have or don't
There's a enough judging going on.

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.