turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

$31,000 #5 Mr Fox Vest

Started by Trumpetyelper, February 18, 2023, 09:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumpetyelper

My nephew is at the NTWF National Convention and the #5 Mr Fox Turkey Vest was just auctioned off for $31,000.  The auction price started at $5,000. That's a lot of dough... Did they do any live auctions for the Dixon Vests and if so does anyone recall what it sold for.

3bailey3

Yoder409

I believe that is WITH the limited edition calls.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Trumpetyelper on February 18, 2023, 09:52:58 PM
My nephew is at the NTWF National Convention and the #5 Mr Fox Turkey Vest was just auctioned off for $31,000.  The auction price started at $5,000. That's a lot of dough... Did they do any live auctions for the Dixon Vests and if so does anyone recall what it sold for.
The Dixon vest's were sold on ebay. I have no idea what the #5 Dixon vest sold for or if it was offered on ebay. I did however watch a lot of those auction's and they sold for $400-600 on average. That was the first 100 vest with calls.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

TrackeySauresRex

Wow! That's BoooKooo bucks! Does anyone know if that money goes to a charity?
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Yoder409

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 18, 2023, 10:57:08 PM

It goes to the NWTF.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

deathfoot

My guess...it's like the auction package at your local banquet. It'll go in the hands of the CEO. Again, I'm thinking hookers and blow for 31k. Lol.

deerhunt1988

Remember what some of us have been saying for years about the commercialization of turkey hunting???

And we haven't even peaked yet.

fountain2

I'd like to know the buyer and mainly if that was with ALL 10 calls or the specifics on the calls included

Yoder409

From the Primos website:

"Nine of the country's top custom call makers made batches of limited numbered (1-10) calls signed in honor of Mr. Fox. We'll have photos, videos and stories from the shop of each call maker coming later this spring.
Custom Call Makers:
• Mark Prudhomme - Trumpet
• Billy Buice - Trumpet
• Steve Mann - Paddle Box
• Lamar Williams - Two Check Box
• Marlin Watkins - Fiddle Paddle box
• TJ Johnson - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Bill Zearing - Glass pot with a feather from Mr. Fox's turkey he killed last season
• Dean Redbeard Mundhenke - Copper pot calls
• Pat Strawser - Slate Calls"
PA elitist since 1979

GobbleNut

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 18, 2023, 11:01:07 PM

It goes to the NWTF.

Yes, if it was part of the auction package the funds raised have to be spent within the guidelines of what non-profit organizations are allowed to spend the money on.  It would be nice to think that the 31K will be used to actually support wild turkey populations and management in some form...   ???

Archivist13

This might be the moment that the turkey hunting industry has "jumped the shark".

JordanKBarnes

It's getting wild out there. Sure hope these funds produce more turkeys. If mossy oak is behind it I'm sure they will.

Howieg

I'm sure it's probably a tax right off for whoever got it .
Hopefully mossy oak makes sure it goes toward a useful cause .

Yoder409

Quote from: Archivist13 on February 18, 2023, 11:56:05 PM
This might be the moment that the turkey hunting industry has "jumped the shark".

I don't think so.  The Fox vest is not the first thing that ever brought "crazy high" money at the Grand National Auction.  Pretty sure it won't be the last.

I was at the auction in (IIRC, 2001 or 2002) when they auctioned off the VERY FIRST EVER ag for an Arizona Gould's bird.  I believe that tag sold for $40K.  There's a lot of money in the pockets of folks around those tables on Saturday night.  Some of it is gonna get spent.
PA elitist since 1979