OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LF Frank Cox Slate Call

Started by Trumpetyelper, February 18, 2023, 08:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumpetyelper

Super thankful for Frank and his call making talents.  This Coco Slate is unbelievably pretty and it even sounds better than it looks.  When I got home my 7 year old daughter who's tore up with turkey calling was playing it.  After a moment of cringing from fear of her dropping it I relaxed and listened.  She really is becoming a good little caller.  When she noticed me watching her she said "Oh dad this one is definitely mine".   I am going to try to post a video this weekend of her calling with it.  Anyway here's a picture of JoJo's latest call she has commandeered.
https://youtu.be/ELMs1bzUUFA 

turkey stew

Congrats to your daughter on a fine caller! I'm glad she enjoys running callers and the outdoor life style.

Tom007

Nice call, it's nice to see the youngsters getting involved.....
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

They always take a shine to the most expensive things, don't they!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

gobrunner

Great looking call.  I am sure she can get great sounds out of it.

Trumpetyelper

rong

The kids got good taste!!! And a huge Kudos to you for being a great dad and letting he practice on a rare and expensive call. All I'll say is I hope she grows up to be your best hunting partner! That would be more special and priceless than any turkey call ever made????

Crowstalker

Great call and heck yes let the youngsters play with it. I'm lucky my nephew is a turkey hunting nut at 17 and just goes through my cases running calls. He is really good at this young age and awesome to be a part of. Took me a long time to learn as I really had nobody to really teach me. Old school was roost birds and make a blind and sit there. Thankfully those days are long gone for me and just run and gun.  Where you going in the am.   No clue. I'm going to wherever the birds gobble. Soo much more fun and way better results and rewarding. I'm lucky to have a old slate call from Cox from way back. It's probably not as good as his new ones but still fun to hunt with. Always liked his Stryker style

GTH

Very nice call.  His strikers have a nice balance and weight to them as well.   Did you get a case with it?

outdoornut

Definitely a great call!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Trumpetyelper

Yes it came with a black elephant leather case
Quote from: GTH on February 18, 2023, 11:00:17 PM
Very nice call.  His strikers have a nice balance and weight to them as well.   Did you get a case with it?

ChesterCopperpot

That's awesome! I vote to let her run hell out of it. Might be the call and killing one with it that gets her to stick with it and always head to the woods with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTH

Quote from: Trumpetyelper on February 26, 2023, 10:17:36 PM
Yes it came with a black elephant leather case

I have a similar case with a call I got from him several years ago.  Needless to say you'll be pleased with it and a call like that deserves a quality case.  Good for you not being worried about your daughter running the call!  They were meant to be played and hunted.

Greg Massey

That's really nice ... making memories

idratherb