OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mr. Fox Vest at NWTF convention

Started by mozart_hunter, February 15, 2023, 11:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

I can promise you, the demand will not run out.  All 1944 will very easily sell I'm record time.   Wait times will be out of this world to get them also.  There will be a crazy line of folks there to get the remaining vests.  If they sell any online, it will be because they choose to.  They won't have to I can assure you.

I really wish they had only made the 1944 and stopped.  The un-numbered vests will somewhat take away from the rarity of them imo.   Folks will buy the regular vests and flood the market with sales thinking they can the big money for them and they can't...OR... they will somehow get the numbers made onto them and there will be a lot of fakes out there

GuideGun

It would be nice if they specifically allotted some for online only for folks who can't attend the convention or live too far away from Westpoint. Online is no guarantee but atleast there is a chance for folks who aren't nearby.
Matt

DUPREE

Quote from: GuideGun on February 19, 2023, 11:18:35 AM
It would be nice if they specifically allotted some for online only for folks who can't attend the convention or live too far away from Westpoint. Online is no guarantee but atleast there is a chance for folks who aren't nearby.

I was told by a guy in Nashville (take it for what it's worth) that Neil haas told him they were only going to sell 200 at the mossy oak store to give more opportunity for online sales to make it more fair.

3bailey3

joshua

The website will crash if and when they try to sell any that way.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

turkey stew

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 19, 2023, 07:28:59 PM
What did the one on ebay sell for?
It is presently at $3000 with approximately 5 days to bid. Great entertainment. I glad that I do'nt need one.

JordanKBarnes

This is straight from the Mossyoak senior VP's post on social media.

"Here's a little history being made. The #5 Mr.Fox turkey vest with 10 handmade calls sold for 31K at the NWTF auction Saturday night. There were 400 brought to the convention and the lines starting forming Wednesday night at 7pm. Unbelievable turnout. The auctioned vest proceeds go to turkey research."

Says it came with 10 calls.

madstrutter

Quote from: uscnoklahoma on February 18, 2023, 11:04:49 AM
Quote from: Mtd69 on February 18, 2023, 09:24:15 AM
i was at the convention yesterday one of the vendor booths had two of the vests sitting on the table with a for sale sign on them they wanted two thousand for one

Over half the folks I saw with tickets to get one were exhibitors or vendors. Definitely a rigged distribution system.

Absolutely incorrect.  Anyone could line up to get a ticket, the line was formed outside of the doors out in the public space.  Daniel and Neil Haas personally walked down the line giving the tickets to the first 200 people in line.  I was there...

Kyle_Ott

It was really pretty simple. 

If you got in line with 199 other people each night/early morning, you got a vest.

A lot of us literally spent the night in line.  The camaraderie with fellow turkey hunters was exceptional and it added an additional dimension to the fox vest experience.  Good friends and strangers sat in chairs and on the floor talking about turkey seasons past and the one right around the corner.  Folks I've only known through social media were there; handshakes were exchanged, perspectives were shared and the brotherhood grew. 

One man and one commemorative vest brought hundreds of people together.  It was a fitting tribute worth the price..... Just my .02

Upfold99

Quote from: Kyle_Ott on February 20, 2023, 07:30:25 PM

If you got in line with 199 other people each night/early morning, you got a vest.

A lot of us literally spent the night in line.  The camaraderie with fellow turkey hunters was exceptional and it added an additional dimension to the fox vest experience.  Good friends and strangers sat in chairs and on the floor talking about turkey seasons past and the one right around the corner.  Folks I've only known through social media were there; handshakes were exchanged, perspectives were shared and the brotherhood grew. 

One man and one commemorative vest brought hundreds of people together.  It was a fitting tribute worth the price..... Just my .02
Well said. Great way to look at it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Stoeger_bird

Thats about how much the workers overseas made a day putting the vest together.
T.W.D.W.D.

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Stoeger_bird on February 20, 2023, 08:44:35 PM

Thats about how much the workers overseas made a day putting the vest together.
Actually,
The minimum wage in Myanmar is 4800 Myanmar Kyat which is $2.29 USD a day. So they are probably making around that. I wonder how many $450 Fox vests those poor Burmese kids made a day.

runngun

Probably about the same wage as whoever put your phone/computer together. And assembled your TV/radio, vehicle, I could continue to go on but I ain't......

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ridge Strutter

If they weren't assembling vest, they'd not get paid at all.   No $15 an hour options exist there. It's something or nothing.

Tail Feathers

Clearly Kyle Ott has a great outlook on turkey hunting and people, as opposed to the negative Nancys who appear to be hellbent on downing him and the folks at Mossy Oak. :z-twocents:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!