turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mr. Fox Vest at NWTF convention

Started by mozart_hunter, February 15, 2023, 11:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoeger_bird

Wait so the great AMERICAN turkey hero has his tribute vest made overseas? Wow! Well I guess he is still being a hero and putting food on those people's table. Maybe Kyle Ott can write another big worded tribute post about how Fox is just being a hero by helping people feed their children. Well thats if the kids aren't in shops working too I guess. Or he can get his brother Keith to go over there and make youtube video of it and spam it all over the interwebs. Call it "Chasing 49 cents". Unreal!
T.W.D.W.D.

kytrkyhntr

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

fountain2

Quote from: uscnoklahoma on February 18, 2023, 11:04:49 AM
Quote from: Mtd69 on February 18, 2023, 09:24:15 AM
i was at the convention yesterday one of the vendor booths had two of the vests sitting on the table with a for sale sign on them they wanted two thousand for one

Over half the folks I saw with tickets to get one were exhibitors or vendors. Definitely a rigged distribution system.

It most definitely was not.    You wanted a vest, you got your butt in line and waited.   You got in line super early to wait or there was no point.   I was in line at 330 Saturday morning and was almost too late.   Will primos asked to have one held back and was told NO.  The only way to get one was to get in line...that came from toxeys son and I heard him say it.   Nothing rigged about these vests.  You wanted one, you got in extremely early and fought the obscene crowd to get there

fountain2

i was at the convention yesterday one of the vendor booths had two of the vests sitting on the table with a for sale sign on them they wanted two thousand for one

I didn't see any for sale, heard of a few selling theirs pretty highs and heard of a few selling their cards after getting them

Heck, everything is for sale.   For the right money, mine will sell too.   I went ahead and got the shells to match and a limited cody call and they fox call by rolling thunder.   I'll never use it but put it all up for later unless someone wants it worse than I do.   

These vests will definitely hold their value and are the current era Dixon vest.

Also, i was told that the numbered calls for the first 10 will actually be auctioned separately from the vests.   That is a money thing plain and simple and that's how it was explained to me.  By selling the calls separately, it will appeal to more folks vs a vest loaded with the 10 calls that will likely bring $10,000 or a good bit more.  The audience will be bigger if the calls are sold off separately.  I even asked one of the call makers of this was true and he stated the same thing as I was told, so it is true 

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: fountain2 on February 18, 2023, 01:31:54 PM

Over half the folks I saw with tickets to get one were exhibitors or vendors. Definitely a rigged distribution system.

It most definitely was not.    You wanted a vest, you got your butt in line and waited.   You got in line super early to wait or there was no point.   I was in line at 330 Saturday morning and was almost too late.   Will primos asked to have one held back and was told NO.  The only way to get one was to get in line...that came from toxeys son and I heard him say it.   Nothing rigged about these vests.  You wanted one, you got in extremely early and fought the obscene crowd to get there

Yep! I got in line too, I was number 61. There were people with vender necklaces getting calls. They were also in line with me in the morning on Thursday. This whole subject has turned into nothing but people crying on here

roosterstraw

There's a primos Fox Haas call on eBay right now for $200.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 18, 2023, 01:46:21 PM

Yep! I got in line too, I was number 61. There were people with vender necklaces getting calls. They were also in line with me in the morning on Thursday. This whole subject has turned into nothing but people crying on here
I was 64 the first morning. You must've been the gentleman right in front of Brian that said they wanted #222? I also ended up with vest #264, I was one of only 5-6 people that got their actual number it sounds like.

turkey stew

:-*
Quote from: KYFrid on February 18, 2023, 03:29:24 PM
Vest listed on ebay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125779120343?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=zS60HMgmRle&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=4x-wgorarpe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, Capitalism at its best! I can't blame the seller, 21 bids,$1,500 and has'nt hit the reserve price! Good for him.

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: HookedonHooks on February 18, 2023, 03:54:59 PM
Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 18, 2023, 01:46:21 PM

I was 64 the first morning. You must've been the gentleman right in front of Brian that said they wanted #222? I also ended up with vest #264, I was one of only 5-6 people that got their actual number it sounds like.

Yeah I was 61, was actually looking for #421!

deerhunt1988

I wanted #420. Got a stoner bud who was gonna pay me big. Now I'm only getting about $1200 for it.

fountain2

I got card 303 and vest #311.  There was absolutely no order of numbers on the vests sold.  I saw some from the 500s, some in the 400s and all between.    I'm guessing they brought 400 random vests to the show and they had absolutely NO IDEA the chaos those vests would cause and the craze to get them.   The Hass boys hung right there tho.  They were there day 1 and then day 2 as well right there with everyone in the lines at the extreme odd hours of the morning.   They were ready to hand the cards out and go to bed on Friday morning tho. ????

3bailey3

HookedonHooks

Quote from: fountain2 on February 18, 2023, 11:27:27 PM
I got card 303 and vest #311.  There was absolutely no order of numbers on the vests sold.  I saw some from the 500s, some in the 400s and all between.    I'm guessing they brought 400 random vests to the show and they had absolutely NO IDEA the chaos those vests would cause and the craze to get them.   The Hass boys hung right there tho.  They were there day 1 and then day 2 as well right there with everyone in the lines at the extreme odd hours of the morning.   They were ready to hand the cards out and go to bed on Friday morning tho. ????
The Mossy Oak boys were up really late Wednesday setting up, and getting ready for the Thursday morning release and first day of the show. They ran non-stop and had an event "Pour One for the Poults" Thursday night just to return to the crazy line of people for Friday morning and hang out all night too. At 4am there was over 250 people in line so they handed out the tickets and allowed everyone, including themselves, a couple hours of much needed sleep.

The vests were totally randomized on the pallets so yes, almost everyone in line did not get "their" number. There was a little bit of trading going on and I now know 5 people that got their matching numbers, including myself, but that might honestly be about it.

Notsoyoungturk

I spoke with a young lady from Mossy Oak.  She said they are going to sell vests again at the Mossy Oak outlet in Westpoint on March 11.  She believes they will sell to people until there is no more demand or they run out.  What is not sold that day will go online for sale.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear