OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mr. Fox Vest at NWTF convention

Started by mozart_hunter, February 15, 2023, 11:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

The more I see of it, the more I like it. Looks like it has a lot of great features. I especially like the straps. Please give us a review of it I would definitely like to see more of it. Congratulations on getting one!!! I am glad that you were able to get one, it's  kinda like getting a new gun. I am the same way about getting "new" gear, calls, heck as far as that new shells to try out. Excitement!!!

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

turkey stew

Where were they made. High price should be USA. When will someone tell us?

MShillhunter

Quote from: turkey stew on February 17, 2023, 08:42:44 PM
I know the leather came from Moonshine Leatherworks.  It seems extremely well made.  Highly doubt it wasn't made in the USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: MShillhunter on February 17, 2023, 09:07:19 PM
I know the leather came from Moonshine Leatherworks.  It seems extremely well made.  Highly doubt it wasn't made in the USA

Seat is made in Myanmar and the vest appears to be USA from what I can tell with mine.

Is that really a deal breaker for everyone? I imagine those excited for the vest for the same reason I am and same reason I purchased don't really care where it's made.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

MShillhunter

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 17, 2023, 09:57:26 PM
Quote from: MShillhunter on February 17, 2023, 09:07:19 PM

Seat is made in Myanmar and the vest appears to be USA from what I can tell with mine.

Is that really a deal breaker for everyone? I imagine those excited for the vest for the same reason I am and same reason I purchased don't really care where it's made.
No doubt.  I never thought twice about it. 

slicksbeagles1

Other than the leather it is all made in Myanmar.  It is a great tribute to Mr. Fox but in my opinion the vest should have been made in USA 100% Like the Bob Dixon. I picked up the vest as good as possible that was on display and it is heavy empty so I myself would not want to hunt wearing it because it will be like carrying around a concrete block. Most people probably bought them hoping they will be worth big money one day. If not they paid 450.00 for a 25.00 vest made in a sweat shop. Like all other companies moved all manufacturing to some foreign country for the almighty dollar that is one reason we as a country are in the shape we are in today, not the only reasons just one. Does anyone know how many people lost jobs in Mississippi when Mossy Oak closed up manufacturing in the USA?

fountain2

Has anyone seen any for sale yet?   I'm hearing a few have surfaced for sale and bringing big money.   Not sure if it's eBay or where tho.   These things will bring big money for the numbered vests, especially if they have any of the "extras" with them

slicksbeagles1

According to what I understand from one of the call makers the vest with all the calls will be auctioned off at different times. The ones that cost 450.00 are just the vest.

Mtd69

i was at the convention yesterday one of the vendor booths had two of the vests sitting on the table with a for sale sign on them they wanted two thousand for one

GobbleNut

After reading about all of this, my personal thought on the matter is that old cliche of,..."some people have more money than they've got sense".  I, either unfortunately or fortunately, depending upon how you look at it, am exactly the opposite....although some folks say I have neither....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:

Leadchunker

I would say, most people are buying them in hopes of getting stupid money like the Dixon vest. They always say a fool, and his money is soon parted.

Cmane08

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on February 17, 2023, 11:07:04 PM
Other than the leather it is all made in Myanmar.  It is a great tribute to Mr. Fox but in my opinion the vest should have been made in USA 100% Like the Bob Dixon. I picked up the vest as good as possible that was on display and it is heavy empty so I myself would not want to hunt wearing it because it will be like carrying around a concrete block. Most people probably bought them hoping they will be worth big money one day. If not they paid 450.00 for a 25.00 vest made in a sweat shop. Like all other companies moved all manufacturing to some foreign country for the almighty dollar that is one reason we as a country are in the shape we are in today, not the only reasons just one. Does anyone know how many people lost jobs in Mississippi when Mossy Oak closed up manufacturing in the USA?

100% it should have been made in the USA especially at that price.  Very disappointing.  Just like all the new companions stuff, I'm sure it's not made in the USA either.  They didn't even get the cord collar right.

Zobo

If you thought American made, I think some of you who bought this vest might have been blinded by the marketing, outfoxed if you will.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Zobo

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 18, 2023, 09:30:34 AM
After reading about all of this, my personal thought on the matter is that old cliche of,..."some people have more money than they've got sense".  I, either unfortunately or fortunately, depending upon how you look at it, am exactly the opposite....although some folks say I have neither....   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
You're definitely smart. Chasing turkeys your whole life—IDK about sensible :toothy12:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

uscnoklahoma

Quote from: Mtd69 on February 18, 2023, 09:24:15 AM
i was at the convention yesterday one of the vendor booths had two of the vests sitting on the table with a for sale sign on them they wanted two thousand for one

Over half the folks I saw with tickets to get one were exhibitors or vendors. Definitely a rigged distribution system.