Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Plenty Of Utube Traveling Public Turkey Groups Now.

Started by quavers59, February 14, 2023, 05:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silent tom

No doubht some of these guys home lives are completely shot. Wives are definitely hanging out with the tennis instructor after lessons.
[/quote]
This is absolutely the case. Look at the youtubers- for the most part they are a bunch of sawed off small men.

They dang sure aren't broad shouldered love machines.

kytrkyhntr

Nothing is more weird to me than the love affair these self proclaimed old school turkey pros have on this forum with guys who make you tube videos. You guys are so weird. Now we're talking about their physical stature? I believe that's a sign for me to take a break from this forum.  :z-guntootsmiley:
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Rtr1987

While I'm not a fan of the current youtube stuff and the crowds it's bringing to a lot of public lands, I have nothing against the hunters themselves. They are getting to do what they love and a select few are making a living from it. Kudos to them, deep down we all wish we could do the same. But. that doesn't change the fact that it very well may be a contributing factor in some negatives things hunters seem to be experiencing. Until the older generations accept that VHS and the like can not be compared to the incredible amount of instant access to information people have now through the internet, and younger generations develop a little more respect of other hunters, the tradition and history etc., any issue stemming from this can't be solved.

Howieg

Quote from: silent tom on February 20, 2023, 10:20:36 AM

No doubht some of these guys home lives are completely shot. Wives are definitely hanging out with the tennis instructor after lessons.
This is absolutely the case. Look at the youtubers- for the most part they are a bunch of sawed off small men.

[/quote]
"Stereotype " much ??

Gooserbat

I can say much but I'll summarize it as a terrible thing that's happened to hunting in general.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

quavers59

In these last few years you never really know who is parked and camping just behind a Public Gate when you turn into a Parking area at 3.45 am.
    It might or might not be a Utube Group still to arise. Or there might be an event going on like Labrador  Trials which will draw people from different  States.
    Out of State License  Plate on a  Vehicle  with no lights on inside.  Just walk on by  go on in.

silvestris

Quote from: Howieg on February 20, 2023, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: silent tom on February 20, 2023, 10:20:36 AM

"Stereotype " much ??
[/quote]

I may get the "short" end of this one, but I was told never to trust a small man, like Zelensky.  They carry a grudge, and they want it all..
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Archivist13

SimanOhio

Quote from: Zobo on February 21, 2023, 02:36:57 PM
This thread has really gotten idiotic
Sure has.

All I see is "younger hunter or newer hunters using YouTube is ruining MY hunting".

10 years ago it was "we're running out of hunters" and "nobody wants to be outside they all just play video games all day long".

Then that generation does what the old timers wanted (got out into the woods) and now they just complain. It's comical. Do you really think all the YouTube hunters are the reason for your bad hunting? It's just like the news, just because we see more doom and gloom now doesn't mean there's anymore of it than there was before. Quit your bitchin!

Sincerely, a YouTube hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POk3s

Year after year, thread after thread, it's the same argument. Do you guys ever get bored of it?

Before this thread gets locked, I suppose I have to add in my two sense like I do every year around this time.

Down to the very core, these arguments are hypocritical, just like most things in this world anymore. "It's okay to do things as long as you do it MY WAY" has been a disturbing increase in hunting for as long as I can remember.

I mean there are members who are on an INTERNET forum bashing technology and cutting down others. Saying it's all for likes and all for ego when those same people enter a contest on AN INTERNET forum that has no prizes, and you all get to post pics and tell your hunting stories. Is it all about ego!? Or is it all about sharing this addiction we all love? Are we seeing the hypocrisy in this now? If not, sell your modern shotgun, keep your turkey vest, binoculars, and calls at home, maybe send a smoke signal to your Amish neighbor down the street so he can give you a ride to your hunting spot and most of all, disable your account on this forum because none of us want to see all your bragging about that gobbler you shot and read your story! Things like that is what's ruining turkey hunting!!!! ;)

For the record, I'm "only" 31 years old but have had many a spots burned by the use of mobile mapping. I became a great map reader when I was younger just to find public land spots, and now that skill isn't needed. Now everyone knows. Those hidden gems aren't hidden and are marked off the list. I now have new spots...thanks to mapping, that I never knew about. Trade offs? Maybe. Does it suck? Sure does!

Now, I will pirely  speak for me. I have a YouTube channel. I can't stand the term "YouTuber". I can't stand many buzzwords anyone uses. Owasays. Turkey hunting draws the least amount of viewers as anything I put out, which in turn is the least a mount of money. I make $7-$10 per 1,000 views. I think you can use that math on about anybody's videos to find what they make. The vast majority aren't making a living, however I get between $100-$200 per month from YouTube. That's $100 I wouldn't have before. It's a tag in another state, it's 1-2 tanks of fuel to have fun, etc. but usually it's nothing more than another GoPro, or battery, or microphone because I screwed one up.

So, it's not about the money. It's because 20 years ago I was so disgusted about the depiction of what hunting was that I wanted to change it. Others do that a whole lot better than I do, but I'd like to think I'm helping to change that depiction of hunting and outdoor adventures for the better! I don't put any state names in my turkey videos and never will. I don't want to be blamed for bringing unneeded pressure to anyone's spot, and I sure as hell don't want them finding out about my spots! The only people that would know are people who have been there before and I hope if they stumble across the video they tip their cap and enjoy watching something that's entertaining and not trying to sell them anything. I simply want to share my adventures and hope people get some enjoyment out of that

Oh, and if I ever get in a position where I can quit my job and go hunting everyday...I'm going to!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Oh, one last jab about being mad at those making money off of our natural resources, where should we start. Oil? Mines? Logging? Farmers? Ranchers? Banks? Gun companies? Ammo companies? Any company at all that relates to hunting and fishing? Cabelas? Basspro? Oh Banks! They really rake it in!

Hopefully I've made my point....

Zobo

Yeah, but more importantly, are you tall or short???

POk3s

Quote from: Zobo on February 21, 2023, 04:34:22 PM
Yeah, but are you tall or short???

Oh I should've added that in too! I'm 6'1" . Maybe that's why I don't make any money  :character0029:

Zobo

Quote from: POk3s on February 21, 2023, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: Zobo on February 21, 2023, 04:34:22 PM
Yeah, but are you tall or short???

Oh I should've added that in too! I'm 6'1" . Maybe that's why I don't make any money  :character0029:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Wait, that's not short!!! :TooFunny:

HillclimberWV

Quote from: Leadchunker on February 18, 2023, 09:54:38 AM
What's getting ridiculous? Is people leaving a vehicle at the gate going back home going to bed. Come back the next morning. Trying to claim THERE  spot. If it's a good size piece of property I don't care  what time you camped out I'm going in. Try and stop me.
Catalytic converter theft must not be as bad in your neck of the woods as it is mine. Im half afraid just leaving my truck on public in the daytime.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr