OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Plenty Of Utube Traveling Public Turkey Groups Now.

Started by quavers59, February 14, 2023, 05:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Coming to a Field near you-- Your Fav Field- LOL.
   Seriously, I have been watching a number of different  Utube videos featuring some new groups,I have never of.
     There has to be upwards  of 40 different  ones. The Money must be really Good! Imagine if 2 groups appeared at the same Public Parking Lot at 3.40am. On a Opener.
    Just a off Season Topic here.
  While,I enjoy some of these videos,I hope,I never see 3 or 4 Mountain Bikes and Camera equipment  get quickly unloaded  at 3.40am.at @#$%!

PaLmbHngr

I am not sure what they are doing is any different than what some of the early pioneers of turkey hunting did. They just release it on YouTube now versus putting out a video each year. When I was learning to turkey hunt 25 years ago, I would watch the Primos, Mossy oak, Realtree, Knight and Hale, Quaker Boy, MAD, etc videos. All of these "teams" traveled to multiple states each year and videoed their hunts. They hunted all of the subspecies. I think that the veterans hunted private ground more, but doing so now is not financially possible for most.

turkeyfool

Most of them don't make money. They're just trying to be like the Hunting Public.

If they didn't name states, I don't think it'd be that big of a deal to be honest with you

CAPTJJ

Greg Massey

What i enjoy watching this time of year on Youtube is the old Knight Hale turkey videos and some of the older Primos videos ... these newer ones i don't care to watch...I have watched some of these older pioneers who paved the way over and over sharing information and experiences and I still enjoy learning from them... 

Jordan121787

Maybe they just do it because they enjoy it? I enjoy watching them. Like the other guy said, they used to do it and just release it every year on VHS. If ya don't like it, then don't watch it.

Brillo

I worry more bout the "hot shot" locals who think they own the woods than a team of u-tubers who will be in and out.  Most hunters are good about working around others but there are a few who are a real PIA.  Need I mention trash at the parking area and anywhere in the woods?  I'll take my chances with the u-tubers.  If Shane Simpson shows up in my spot I will beg him to hunt with me and then cherish the meeting.  :you_rock:

MO_HUNTER

arkrem870

Quote from: Jordan121787 on February 14, 2023, 07:22:45 PM
Maybe they just do it because they enjoy it? I enjoy watching them. Like the other guy said, they used to do it and just release it every year on VHS. If ya don't like it, then don't watch it.

They do it because they need the attention, verification and likes from strange men......

Turkeys hunters go hunt and enjoy turkey hunting for what it is. And that's enough.  A Whippoorwill in the darkness walking to the ridge top, sky lighting up with your back to a tree , distant owl, the first gobble, rush of the excitement before figuring out your play....... That's what it's all about. It's not rushing back to post your video so you can stroke your ego. I guarendamtee that.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: turkeyfool on February 14, 2023, 06:18:48 PM
Most of them don't make money. They're just trying to be like the Hunting Public.

Who's that?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Howieg

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 14, 2023, 08:49:49 PM
Quote from: turkeyfool on February 14, 2023, 06:18:48 PM

Who's that?
Who ?  Only the best bunch of killas known in modern times!

dzsmith

Quote from: quavers59 on February 14, 2023, 05:51:15 PM
    Coming to a Field near you-- Your Fav Field- LOL.
   Seriously, I have been watching a number of different  Utube videos featuring some new groups,I have never of.
     There has to be upwards  of 40 different  ones. The Money must be really Good! Imagine if 2 groups appeared at the same Public Parking Lot at 3.40am. On a Opener.
    Just a off Season Topic here.
  While,I enjoy some of these videos,I hope,I never see 3 or 4 Mountain Bikes and Camera equipment  get quickly unloaded  at 3.40am.at @#$%!

IMAGINE?........you dont have to imagine that. they already do it. Many of the heavy hitters hit the same areas at the same times. you done got me fired up real quick tonight.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

JohnSouth22

YouTube hunters have just become the easiest thing to point a finger at as to why people can't kill a turkey. They refuse to look in the mirror.

arkrem870

I just want the earlier opening dates, normal limits, undo public land restrictions all across the south made to combat social/YouTube crowding back.  We had it good for a long time before the pimping started. The opportunity lost by public land hunters is massive in comparison to few dollars they've made selling out the resource. 

deathfoot

This is just me...I hunt mostly alone. I have a six state trip (or more) planned this year. Just me. It's the way I like it. When I'm driving around public and I see 8 tents in every place they can. I turn around and shake my head. I don't like people that much. But to each their own. I was Turkey hunting when Turkey hunting wasn't cool. And I'm looking forward to the day it isn't cool again.

I'm still in shock each youth day as well when there's pics all over social media with 3 and 4 year olds killing birds. But that's a completely other subject. I've taken a ton of young people on youth day but I'm just saying y'all.

We are encouraged to get more people involved. And I'm not against it. I just like the days of old. But I'm a loner traditionalist.