OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lewis Stowe Trumpets

Started by Jhp148, February 14, 2023, 12:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhp148

Looking for some information on values of Mr Stowes calls. Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad_Colvin

The one I have from him is priceless. My only regret is that I'd met him many years ago.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Right now they will not go for what most would think. Having said that I am always interested in a Stowe.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

25_06

Disagree,
How much would you pay for a Snakewood over Ivory mouthpiece from Stowe.
Only two are known to exist.

Just my thought on the subject.

thanks.

25_06

I will be the proud owner of one very soon.

thanks,

troutfisher13111

I miss the days when it wasn't about how much money a guy could make, but about turkey hunting and sharing it with like minded individuals

25_06

I miss the days when it wasn't about how much money a guy could make, but about turkey hunting and sharing it with like minded individuals

I didn't start this conversation; I only add to it.

thanks for responding.

paboxcall

Seems to be, rightfully so, the emotional factor is baked into the market value right now, which could settle out in time. In other words, a seller's market.   :z-twocents:

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Crowstalker

The old school great guys are disappearing. What it's worth ? Probably what someone will pay. It's not worth a thousand. But probably more than you paid. Depends on mouthpiece and woods. I will miss him

Crowstalker

Lewis was all about trying to make you happy. He loved taking videos of him running the call so you could decide yes or no.  Not many would do that because most can't run a trumpet instrument. It's a instrument that takes practice but is the most rewarding when you figure it out.  Love trumpets. Yes I'm no master and still learning. That's the addiction. It's hard. Killing birds with. Whatever you know is a lot easier. In the end you are looking for a harder kill that gives satisfaction.  For me when I kill one. Gee it's over. A high and a low at the same time. I prefer the hunt over the the kill. But I'm im old school and have killed my share.  Nothing like chasing gobblers in the spring woods.  Good luck everyone

25_06

Quote from: paboxcall on February 14, 2023, 05:43:54 PM
Seems to be, rightfully so, the emotional factor is baked into the market value right now, which could settle out in time. In other words, a seller's market.   :z-twocents:

Agree 100%

thanks

USMC0331

Quote from: Terry on February 14, 2023, 05:28:54 PM

Factual information!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: 25_06 on February 14, 2023, 05:03:33 PM
Disagree,

thanks.

So are we talking about the rule, or the exceptions to the rule? There is a big difference.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: Terry on February 14, 2023, 05:28:54 PM

Preach!

25_06

Quote from: davisd9 on February 14, 2023, 07:18:17 PM
Quote from: 25_06 on February 14, 2023, 05:03:33 PM
Disagree,

thanks.

So are we talking about the rule, or the exceptions to the rule? There is a big difference.

No rules, just my opinion and a statement.

thanks.