turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How far can we take'em......

Started by Tarheel, February 11, 2023, 12:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Forty+ years ago when I first played one of DD Adams pot calls, I thought I would never find another pot call that would ever be better than that call.  I thought that pot had reached the height of perfection.  Today I know differently.  Today, someone somewhere, right now, is thinking outside the box to design and develop a new pot, something new and different....more turkey!!!  That's what true callmakers do.  We haven't reached pot call perfection yet, but I see and hear improvement every year.  There are some really fine pot calls being made today.......

Or is it the players, like myself, need to catch up with the pots??????  I had to get some tutoring the other day.  I'm getting better....LOL!!

3bailey3

Nice call Marvin, My buddy just got a crystal over carbon fiber in a Osage pot  from Lonzo that is amazing!

Tarheel

Dwayne,
The plastic flower pot bottom pictured isn't a completed pot call.  I was scrimshawing this pot bottom to send to DD Adams when my good friend, Al Hall, died suddenly. DD Adams had Al Hall and I looking all over NC, SC and VA looking for these plastic flower pot bottoms for DD to use to make pot calls. I keep this pot bottom as a souvenir of the different things I got myself involved in back then. It took me a while to get back on track after Al died....then DD passed away.  There weren't that many turkey callmakers back then, you could keep up with them better.....LOL!!

ol bob

The day a call maker stops saying what if, its time to quit.