OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heres a Aluminum surface pot.

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, June 21, 2011, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

Never have been a fan of Aluminum till now. I think I could have backed up 50yds and it still would have blown the mic out any way thanks for looking!--Lyle

http://youtu.be/ocf6L3L2sUk

savduck

I think Aluminum is one of the best all round surfaces you can have.

If you aint scared take some 220 grit sand paper and sand in a circular motion on one and try it. It will kick it up a notch.

Nice sounding call.
Georgia Boy

Houndstooth Game Calls

I agree Savduck on the good sound aluminum produces recording the sound dosent do it justice for the tones and frequency it hit! I will try that with the sand paper and see what it does for sure! Thanks for the compliment!--Lyle

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: savduck on June 21, 2011, 03:36:21 PM
I think Aluminum is one of the best all round surfaces you can have.

If you aint scared take some 220 grit sand paper and sand in a circular motion on one and try it. It will kick it up a notch.

Nice sounding call.

AAGGHHH!!!  DISCLAIMER - Please do not use sandpaper or any abrasives on the anodized aluminum calls I build.  It might work on plain silver aluminum, but completely undermines the idea of using anodized aluminum.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread... knee-jerk reaction...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

drenalinld

I'm a huge fan of aluminum. I don't care for anodized surfaces. They do not sound the same as a properly conditioned call for me. The first thing I do is sand off a sweet spot. Sorry lightsout.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Houndstooth Game Calls

Different strokes for different folks thats what makes OG such a great place to share opinions,experiences, and have a great time doing so! I could see where sanding might up the tone a notch for sure, since I love to tear something up :lol: I will probably try it to see what she can do!! :icon_thumright: