turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Persimmon....I'll try again.....

Started by Tarheel, February 10, 2023, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

For whatever reason, I managed to crash my last post when I tried to download another picture.  Hopefully, I will do better this time. 

Persimmon is one of my favorite woods for pot calls.  I don't make pot calls....I have too many friends who make exceptional pot calls.  I'll let them make them, and I'll get to enjoy their skills and craftsmanship.  Here are three pots I was able to pick up recently, and I couldn't be happier with them.......

Bottom side......

Tarheel

Top side.......

Stoned aluminum, green slate and purple slate.....all absolute killers!!!  Now, if I will just learn to be able to play them to their potential, I'll be good....LOL!!!

chbarnha

Persimmon is my favorite wood as well. I have a pile of persimmon strikers as well as pots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

3bailey3

Thanks for the pics Marvin. All very nice pots!

RH1

Red Hills Turkey Calls

Sir-diealot

Man, those things are almost as sexy as me! No they look far better than that. I have become quite found of Persimmon myself, have a few calls made from it and a few strikers as well. I think after Tulipwood it may be my favorite wood for pots, though Ipe would run hand in hand as far as strikers go. Very nice looking set, congratulations.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tarheel

Back some years ago, I was able to purchase 7-8 really nice boards of persimmon....really nice color with exceptional grain.  I stuck them up in the wood loft and didn't think about them again for months. The next time I climbed up into the wood loft, I noticed piles of fine dust all around the persimmon. I immediately took all the persimmon boards to the burn pile. Oh, how I wish I had those boards back today........

RH1

Quote from: Tarheel on February 10, 2023, 04:26:11 PM
Back some years ago, I was able to purchase 7-8 really nice boards of persimmon....really nice color with exceptional grain.  I stuck them up in the wood loft and didn't think about them again for months. The next time I climbed up into the wood loft, I noticed piles of fine dust all around the persimmon. I immediately took all the persimmon boards to the burn pile. Oh, how I wish I had those boards back today........
As mostly sapwood, bugs get em quick. If you don't have kiln access, lots of effort is lost in processing and drying. These can twist, crack, split and spalt....probably next month I'll start cutn the good outta it.
Red Hills Turkey Calls

M,Yingling

some great lookin calls !! iam sure youll get some use out them
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

rong

Those are nice! My only persimmon pots are Buster's red slate and Karl Lausman's glass popper. I like's both just fine

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Absolutely beautiful bunch of turkey killers ...

runngun

That is beautiful grain in that piece of wood!!! You took some great pictures as well!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.