only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian-X LCD Turkey Decoys?

Started by double drops, February 08, 2023, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoward11

Quote from: jordanz7935 on February 10, 2023, 09:33:06 AM
Quote from: jhoward11 on February 10, 2023, 08:33:11 AM
jordanz, he ask a simple question about the decoy. Not a pissing match between Avian and DSD. Also, the only sponsor I have is my wife. Avian is a good product, but seems they have a lot of issues with leaking decoys or in several cases heads not staying upright. Not everyone has those problems, but there are multiple post throughout this site that have these claims, so I don't think it's dragging another product through the mud. Make a better product! But on the other side, "if I did drag it through the mud, it might seal up those pesky leaks".
I'm sorry i offended you! Giving my honest review is all. Nothing against DSD, they are great quality decoys no doubt. I'd buy a dsd over the new hard body Avian x decoys any day. And just so you know there's a guy in bed with dsd commenting on this very thread!  Take a pro staffers review like a grain of salt is what I'm getting at! The O.P. of this thread never mentioned DSD, but here we are ????
Totally understand

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: guesswho on February 08, 2023, 07:55:09 PM
I'm not a decoy person so I don't have any experience with the ones you mentioned.  But if I were to use them I'd probably shy away from the lookout hen and go with a feeder or breeder.   That lookout pose looks like it could generate more negative reactions than positive.
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Dmason3

Great decoys. Can inflate as needed. If there's a leak you just have to put it in a bathtub to find the leak and plug it. Breeder hen and Jake or feeder hen and Jake are killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richard black

My experience with my Avian X hen decoy was the same as many others commented, it leaked. After a few hours of frustration and effort I finally got it to seal up around the the stake post recess. I would not buy another one.

captpete

I bought the Avian-X shortly after they first came out. I never had issues with them leaking. To me they were a pain to inflate so I left them inflated all the time. When they were inflated it was like carrying around a couple of heavy basketballs. I sold them after that season and went with a different decoy. I know they have re-designed them since then, making them lighter and easier to inflate. With that said considering the leaking issue of the current design, I guess I would be reluctant to purchase something that there is a good chance  I'm going to have to fix it.