OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Type of Music/Songs-Traveling Tunes

Started by runngun, February 03, 2023, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

For me it's Classic Rock and or some Metal.
People should drive on the interstate by the music they listen to.
If you listen to Lawrence Welk then drive in the right lane.
Middle lane is for Easy Listen and Country music and the left lane " The Hammer Lane" is Classic Rock or Heavy Metal music! Don't be in the RocK and Roll or Metal lane Welking it, get the heck over!
Oh if ya all listen to Jazz that's just a Hot Mess and just cruse in the right and or middle lanes.
Bagpipes! Really....well I would have to relegate those people to the back, way  back country roads!

Sir-diealot

Right now the radio is only working when it chooses to so not much. Before it died I would start listening to Mr. Lovett Williams CD's a month or two before the season started and also on the way hunting the first week or two to help me keep cadence in my head. If music it would depend on how tired I am, if tired I want something hopping so I do not crash the truck. If perky then I love my Christian Bluegrass, Bluegrass, Classic Country (Pre 1990's) Rock, Blues, Opera, Classical and so on. Anything but Rap, Jazz or Big Band pretty much.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

Quote from: runngun on February 03, 2023, 10:00:33 PM
What kind of music do you listen to on the journey whether near or far?  Really depends on my "mood", but it's going to be Bluegrass or Old Country.  Ever once in a while a little Southern Rock.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
This right here!

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

EZ

Tom007

I talk over my attack plan to myself, (just kidding).....quiet ride up in deep thought. If it's bad weather, I'll pop on the news....
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

If I even turn  the radio on at all anymore, it's usually talk radio of some sort. I think i've
heard every song ever made about 10,000 times, just noise to me now. I miss Art Bell, he
always had some nutty stuff on that was fun to listen to. Kept me awake and entertained on
long nights driving.

Notsoyoungturk

Classic rock, classic vinyl and Lithium
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

GobbleNut

Quote from: Turkeybutt on February 04, 2023, 04:43:26 AM
Middle lane is for Easy Listen and Country music and the left lane " The Hammer Lane" is Classic Rock or Heavy Metal music! Don't be in the RocK and Roll or Metal lane Welking it, get the heck over!
Oh if ya all listen to Jazz that's just a Hot Mess and just cruse in the right and or middle lanes.
Bagpipes! Really....well I would have to relegate those people to the back, way  back country roads!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Yep,...pretty much sums it up!  Unfortunately, way too many folks don't know which lane they're supposed to be in!   ::) :angel9:

Happy

Depends on my mood. I really just can't handle rap or modern country music. Once Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and those Florida Georgia wusses showed up, it was downhill in my opinion. I do have a theme song or three that I use on those occasions that I feel extremely cocky and am getting ready to enter the ring so to speak. Sometimes I feel it is only fair to let the gobblers know that hell is headed their way. But that is GOAT level stuff and is not recommended.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

Mostly old southern rock.   But I do find myself listening to Seminole Wind (John Anderson) during turkey season.  I'll also listen to some Third World (96 Degrees In The Shade) simply because I've been fishing in South Florida a time or two in my younger days with the late Bunny Rugs.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

PALongspur

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Happy on February 04, 2023, 09:13:25 AM
Depends on my mood. I really just can't handle rap or modern country music. Once Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and those Florida Georgia wusses showed up, it was downhill in my opinion. I do have a theme song or three that I use on those occasions that I feel extremely cocky and am getting ready to enter the ring so to speak. Sometimes I feel it is only fair to let the gobblers know that hell is headed their way. But that is GOAT level stuff and is not recommended.
Come on! You can't tell us you have theme songs, and not let us in on what they are!

If you're coming to bring it, the folks here deserve fair warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

Quote from: Turkeybutt on February 04, 2023, 04:43:26 AM

Well I agree with you about the Liberace lovers in the left lane,
But, Old Son you just never heard the right king of bagpipe music

Some of those songs make you put your serious face on, forget the left lane, you'll be pioneering down the median strip

Happy

Don't really have theme songs. Just some songs I really like when I get that feeling that a gobbler is gonna die. Hank the 3rd  "from a ghost to a ghost" comes to mind as one of those songs. Now I hear the boring 20's have a theme song. I am pretty sure to the north of me, I heard zelmo trying to get the band back together and sending out the call. Here is what I heard. https://youtu.be/PYW2RQEZITM

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dtrkyman

Whatever pops up on my playlist, anything from Miley Cyrus to Slayer and anything in between!

My least favorite is the so called country that is popular, there are some quality country performers, just not much radio play, Colter Wall is quite good!