Main Menu

Type of Music/Songs-Traveling Tunes

Started by runngun, February 03, 2023, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

Quote from: crow on February 04, 2023, 11:07:46 AM
Well I agree with you about the Liberace lovers in the left lane,
But, Old Son you just never heard the right king of bagpipe music

Some of those songs make you put your serious face on, forget the left lane, you'll be pioneering down the median strip
The thought of Crow driving down the highway jamming to Bagpipe music while wearing a kilt just isn't a pretty thought! I am going to need counseling to rid myself of that vision!

crow

A kilt would be a step up in material compared to the breechcloth and leggins I normally hunt in.

I'm with Greg, I like the old country & western. Don't listen at all to the new country that you hear rap creeping in.
I listen to some bluegrass, I like the older mt. music a little better than the hard driving stuff though.

Greg Massey

Quote from: crow on February 04, 2023, 02:54:46 PM
A kilt would be a step up in material compared to the breechcloth and leggins I normally hunt in.

I'm with Greg, I like the old country & western. Don't listen at all to the new country that you hear rap creeping in.
I listen to some bluegrass, I like the older mt. music a little better than the hard driving stuff though.
AMEN ... Crow ... I like that Hee Haw show music ... Now that's really music ...  Hee Haw was one of the best shows on TV....

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Loyalist84

Another bagpipe guy! Usually mixed in with some 80s and onwards Country, Classic Rock, Eminem, Childish Gambino, some Canadian and Gaelic folk music, a few podcast and a little bit of Ska. Pretty much anything except talk radio and Metallica.

Zobo

I don't usually travel very far to hunt, so I don't have time to listen to much music. But every single time I get dressed in the pre-dawn for hunting I hear the same song, over and over again, in my head--"The End" by the Doors: "This is the end, beautiful friend... my only friend, the end "The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on"
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Neill_Prater

I like music, but, for some reason, I don't really enjoy listening while driving. I very seldom turn on the radio.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

The 10th Legion and The old Pro on audio book come out on the really long trips. I think 18 hrs from MN to northern Ga was enough time to cover both and than some.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

paboxcall

Truth.

Few years back, Crow stepped out of the woods as the early morning school bus was passing. Dang sure hope those kids all found good therapists. 
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Turkeybutt

crow

Quote from: paboxcall on February 04, 2023, 08:52:49 PM

Truth.

Few years back, Crow stepped out of the woods as the early morning school bus was passing. Dang sure hope those kids all found good therapists.

Good thing I saw the flashing yellow lights in time, could of been really ugly

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 04, 2023, 08:26:22 PM
The 10th Legion and The old Pro on audio book come out on the really long trips. I think 18 hrs from MN to northern Ga was enough time to cover both and than some.

I didn't know Old Pro was available on audio, very cool.
I have several of Col. Tom Kelly's books on audio, there are always a couple in the truck thru turkey season, makes a trip go by fast

paboxcall

Quote from: crow on February 04, 2023, 09:05:21 PM
I have several of Col. Tom Kelly's books on audio, there are always a couple in the truck thru turkey season, makes a trip go by fast

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Moore

If I'm headed out of state then I listen to old time radio programs. If it is near I don't listen to much music anymore.
[