OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2023 Contest

Started by KHNC, January 26, 2023, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

The Killer Bees look forward to an epic battle this year, we have all been training with strict regiment!!! :fud: :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

JeffC

I guess the nurses forgot to medicate the Grumpies (amber heard) again, someone please send notice to the old age home. We let everyone off easy last year, being are first full year in contest, so fair warning we will be winnig this year :z-winnersmiley: 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Quote from: JeffC on January 27, 2023, 08:19:05 AM
I guess the nurses forgot to medicate the Grumpies (amber heard) again, someone please send notice to the old age home. We let everyone off easy last year, being are first full year in contest, so fair warning we will be winnig this year :z-winnersmiley:
I hope you do. That would prove that anyone can win it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

Quote from: Tom007 on January 27, 2023, 07:32:16 AM
Quote from: guesswho on January 26, 2023, 06:13:49 PM
I want to make a comment before I fly up for the night.   I went back and looked at the Killer Bee's kill thread from last year.   Y'all really should consider a name change.    Most of your birds weren't any bigger than a bee.   So I propose y'all change your names to Bee Killers. Should be an easy fix on your team jackets.  Cut and tape.

I really like you Guess who, but that hurt >:( >:(
LOL
:TooFunny:   I was originally going to suggest Killer Wanna-B's but knew that would require new team jackets.   I thought well, they could use their endorsement money from last year to purchase a new jacket.   Then I realized y'all have more than one member, so that was out.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tom007

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2023, 08:43:57 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on January 27, 2023, 07:32:16 AM
Quote from: guesswho on January 26, 2023, 06:13:49 PM
I want to make a comment before I fly up for the night.   I went back and looked at the Killer Bee's kill thread from last year.   Y'all really should consider a name change.    Most of your birds weren't any bigger than a bee.   So I propose y'all change your names to Bee Killers. Should be an easy fix on your team jackets.  Cut and tape.

I really like you Guess who, but that hurt >:( >:(
LOL

:TooFunny:   I was originally going to suggest Killer Wanna-B's but knew that would require new team jackets.   I thought well, they could use their endorsement money from last year to purchase a new jacket.   Then I realized y'all have more than one member, so that was out.

Our team decided to put our budget money into TSS instead of jackets. We plan on using quite a few shells......lol  :OGturkeyhead:
"Solo hunter"

guesswho

I hope y'all do.   In fact I hope your whole team fills every tag they have on high scoring birds.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Tom007

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2023, 09:22:13 AM
I hope y'all do.   In fact I hope your whole team fills every tag they have on high scoring birds.

We wish the same for you guys as well, it's all family fun....and a little ribbing..... :funnyturkey:
"Solo hunter"

Paulmyr

Quote from: Tom007 on January 27, 2023, 09:51:31 AM

We wish the same for you guys as well, it's all family fun....and a little ribbing..... :funnyturkey:

Oooh.... I like it. Reverse psychology. That's right up there with the dreaded Triple, Dog, Dare!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Tom007

Quote from: Paulmyr on January 27, 2023, 10:14:33 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on January 27, 2023, 09:51:31 AM

Oooh.... I like it. Reverse psychology. That's right up there with the dreaded Triple, Dog, Dare!

:happy0064:
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Ya know........... Stand back and look at this for a second........

Last year's contest, JUST between the G.O.U.T.S.  and the Killer B's.......... 24 contestants entered 21 longbeards...........

Look at the nationwide spring turkey combined success ratio.  It's around 20%.  That's freakin' NUTS !!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

guesswho

The 90/10 theory seems to come into play, at least in that analysis.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Not sure what to name the theory other than that's 2 dozen freak-nasty killas.   :smiley-char092:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

guesswho

90/10.  90% of the gobblers are killed by 10% of the hunters.   I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it's probably not far off.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Yep.   Suspect that ain't too far off.

My above numbers were also only the birds REGISTERED........   Lots of the same guys are killing 2 or 3 or 5 birds each spring.
PA elitist since 1979

zelmo1

I miss the BS and good healthy trash talk, welcome back from hibernation everyone. Don't forget us non-howitzer shooters.  :fud:Z