turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Wet Weather Friction Calls?

Started by BDeal, January 25, 2023, 10:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

What are your favorite pots and strikers for wet weather? Also, does anyone make a decent box call that works well when wet?

Thank You!

Greg Massey

Ceramic pot or one of the Enticer Turkey calls - Wet one classic in corian pot something along this line, others make them also along with alum shaft strikers etc. My favorite all weather striker is one of the old Wood Wise mystic Striker sticks that works wet or dry.. It just depends, but in a heavy down pour, I'm going to stay home or in the truck waiting it out ...  just light showers and such, i'm in the woods. You make plans and adjust what you need on the bad weather days calls, rainsuit, plastic garbage bags, bread sacks to put your call inside to still be able to call ...  Primos / Knight Hale all made wet playing box calls with special type coating material ... By the end of the season it takes me half a day to remove all the items i have accumulated in the back seat ...

PalmettoRon

Ceramic pot with Bill Lyman Carbon tip striker

Dtrkyman

I don't bother with them when it's wet.  striker is probably the key when wet. I used to have a carbon striker that I put a dab of jb weld on the tip that would work well wet.

G-dub

None work as well as when they are dry BUT, Mike Yingling makes a great copper call that works well with his carbon fiber striker

runngun

I think that I have a "Woods Wise" that works well in the rain. I believe that is who made it. Also have a box call box call they made or maybe "Penn's Woods".  I  have quite a few boxes and pots.  Seems like one of them called the box, "Wet One" and maybe "Black Magic"  I have used pine tar, pine sap, some folks call it "pitch" on lids of box calls

Have a good one and May God bless
Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bowguy

It sure why guys don't think call will run wet. Enticers def do. He's got a video of running calls directly under a running faucet. A friend bought one and it sounded pretty good. Better than I ever saw it ran on you tube. First thing I did after getting it was put it under full bore running faucet. It ran well.
Any box call if inside a bread bag runs normal when it's wet or raining .

PharmHunter

BDeal

Quote from: PharmHunter on January 25, 2023, 02:51:42 PM
Darrin Dawkins'  Aluminum/Plastic

I have that one. What striker works well with it when wet?

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

deathfoot

I have an old H S Strut carbon striker that will work in any weather. Actually it's the only striker I use. I bought several back in the day and not sure they make the one I have any more. I've lost 3. I'm down to one so I make double sure it makes it back out of the woods every time. Again, I'm not a pot user much but they can be deadly when I've used them with that striker.

PharmHunter

Quote from: BDeal on January 25, 2023, 06:13:04 PM

Carbon tip or Gooserbat'sif you're really concerned about water. 
I'm not running any of them in a torrential downpour, but you can mostly keep a pot dry enough in light rain etc that it doesn't usually matter too much. 
Rain chalk is also something i keep in my vest for strikers in general.

BDeal

Quote from: PharmHunter on January 26, 2023, 07:00:51 AM
Quote from: BDeal on January 25, 2023, 06:13:04 PM

Carbon tip or Gooserbat'sif you're really concerned about water. 
I'm not running any of them in a torrential downpour, but you can mostly keep a pot dry enough in light rain etc that it doesn't usually matter too much. 
Rain chalk is also something i keep in my vest for strikers in general.

Thank You! Can you tell me more about rain chalk?

Tom Threetoes

A mouth call or my push pull box in a plastic bag.

ScottTaulbee

Enticer wet wonder series will work in anything and sounds good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk