OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Illinois Gun Ban

Started by PaLmbHngr, January 20, 2023, 01:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: Cowboy on January 21, 2023, 03:50:20 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 21, 2023, 10:24:43 AM
The way i look at all of this, it's the VOTERS FAULT ... People can make changes if they get out and VOTE...
Handful counties out of the 102 are always what decide the governor in Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
It's a shame ...

deathfoot

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 21, 2023, 06:12:35 PM
Quote from: Cowboy on January 21, 2023, 03:50:20 PM
The way i look at all of this, it's the VOTERS FAULT ... People can make changes if they get out and VOTE...
Handful counties out of the 102 are always what decide the governor in Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
It's a shame ...

It works that way in all states. Only the major cities have the say so. The small towns and counties don't count in major elections. Use California for example. A conservative state for the most art..except for a few cities. My state Virginia..very conservative...except for northern Virginia and the cities. So the little guys lose. Everytime.

Twowithone

Glad I dont live in that state but on a better note that little pesky word the Politicians and Anti gun people despise is the word infringement and theres a whole lot of that going on in the United States anymore people better wake the hell up. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

bear hunter

Did a lot of deer hunting in Illinois lot of good people there too. At least in the country I have no experience in the larger cities.

Sungrazer

Unfortunately, We The People are outnumbered by the liberal numbers of Chicago and E.St.Louis.
The rest of the state is red.

Turkeyman

Same here in NY. Most...if not all...large cities tend to be liberal. Where are we going with NYC, Rochester and Buffalo! All liberal politicians have to do is win NYC and the rest of the state is pretty much irrelevant.

GobbleNut

As one who tries to be as objective as possible in these discussions, I personally think the problem we have is that people on both sides of this issue almost invariably look at it from the "one size fits all" perspective rather than understanding that perhaps different regulations need to be in place for different societal circumstances.

Simply stated, big urban areas have entirely different social and demographic issues than rural areas, for the most part.  It seems to me that trying to apply the same regulations in terms of gun control to both situations is not the answer, regardless of which side you are on.  It seems nobody wants to compromise,...so here we are....

Greg Massey

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 22, 2023, 09:54:29 AM
As one who tries to be as objective as possible in these discussions, I personally think the problem we have is that people on both sides of this issue almost invariably look at it from the "one size fits all" perspective rather than understanding that perhaps different regulations need to be in place for different societal circumstances.

Simply stated, big urban areas have entirely different social and demographic issues than rural areas, for the most part.  It seems to me that trying to apply the same regulations in terms of gun control to both situations is not the answer, regardless of which side you are on.  It seems nobody wants to compromise,...so here we are....
X2 ... You hit the nail on the head... so true .... good post ....

Bowguy

I know I'm preaching to the choir but idk how dumb someone has to be to feel preventing law abiding good citizens from having something helps crime. Plain n simple it doesn't. They let criminals out for everything. Make them accountable for nothing yet no focus is on the actual problem. Them and their crimes. Illinois I believe just had a judge stop the nonsense for now.
We need to get people who swear to uphold the constitution held responsible for directly going against it.
We also need those who go against Supreme Court rulings held responsible. This nonsense is wasting tax payer dollars on a ridiculous vendetta against good and honest people that like guns. We've done nothing wrong and shouldn't be treated like we're the problem

the Ward

Constitutional Rights are Constitutional rights whether you live in a big city or a windswept hilltop in the middle of nowhere. There is no compromising with folks who would willfully ignore the constitution.

Paulmyr

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: the Ward on January 22, 2023, 11:20:53 AM

Constitutional Rights are Constitutional rights whether you live in a big city or a windswept hilltop in the middle of nowhere. There is no compromising with folks who would willfully ignore the constitution.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

deathfoot

[/quote]
[/quote]

I totally agree 100% with this. The issue is, most politicians don't. I know, I've wrote to them stating this exact same fact. They always write back and say, constitutional rights aren't without limits. I simply write back to let them know that is completely wrong. That usually warrants no response but may have gotten me on a list or two in DC, who knows.  :TooFunny:

EZ

Quote from: Bowguy on January 22, 2023, 10:57:48 AM
I know I'm preaching to the choir but idk how dumb someone has to be to feel preventing law abiding good citizens from having something helps crime. Plain n simple it doesn't. They let criminals out for everything. Make them accountable for nothing yet no focus is on the actual problem. Them and their crimes. Illinois I believe just had a judge stop the nonsense for now.
We need to get people who swear to uphold the constitution held responsible for directly going against it.
We also need those who go against Supreme Court rulings held responsible. This nonsense is wasting tax payer dollars on a ridiculous vendetta against good and honest people that like guns. We've done nothing wrong and shouldn't be treated like we're the problem

AMEN!!!!!

When you realize that their gun laws have NOTHING to do with stopping/slowing crime and EVERYTHING to do with disarming the public......it ALL makes sense.

Someone mentioned COMPREMISE, lol, that's funny. Please don't ever fall for that.

Yoder409

Quote from: EZ on January 22, 2023, 12:37:23 PM
When you realize that their gun laws have NOTHING to do with stopping/slowing crime and EVERYTHING to do with disarming the public......it ALL makes sense.

:z-winnersmiley:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on January 21, 2023, 06:56:12 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 21, 2023, 04:35:55 AM
NY did the same with thumb hole stocks, really stupid.

Steve, do they mention pistol grip stocks, or just the thumb hole stock? A lot of new Turkey guns have the pistol grips. NJ allows them as long as the stocks are full length, and factory molded in....and obviously not adjustable.....
I will have to look into it for sure but I do believe so. If it is a stupid gun law NY has it. I love my state with all my heart it truly is one of the prettiest in the nation but I absolutely deplore it's politics.

Edit: "The NY Safe Act of 2013 bans semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols purchased after Jan. 15, 2013 that have one prohibited feature – such as a pistol grip, a folding stock or a flash suppressor. This is the state's new definition of an assault weapon. The ban does not cover pistol grip shotguns.Jan 16, 2013"

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2013/01/details_about_new_yorks_new_gu.html
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."