Buice box call on eBay

Started by troutfisher13111, January 20, 2023, 07:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblers roost

troutfisher13111

No it's not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Over $400 for a turkey call.  Pretty spendy but Buice makes a fine call.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wchadw

there was a buice box a couple weeks ago i was watching went for $760

Tail Feathers

$400 may have been a bargain then! :o
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wchadw

If anyone has a buice box they want to sell for under $400 let me know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quavers59

I have a Billy Buice Box that,I bought way back in July of 1999. Magnolia Box and a Honey Locust Lid.
     Why are they going for over $400?  I spent $65 for mine back in 1999. I remember  calling him up and he was outside working on his Roof,I believe. Nice conversation

Sir-diealot

I think it would have went for much more if he actually had some feedback, many people including myself try to avoid high dollar items from people with little or no feedback because of the possibility of getting scammed.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

quavers59

Sir diealot- come on over and join the new-nywoodsandwaters. Most everyone  have left the old site with the years long absent owner.
   I might make a Utube Video late this Afternoon.  I might run my Buice Box - so look for it.

Zobo

Quote from: quavers59 on January 21, 2023, 02:23:46 AM
   I have a Billy Buice Box that,I bought way back in July of 1999. Magnolia Box and a Honey Locust Lid.
     Why are they going for over $400?  I spent $65 for mine back in 1999. I remember  calling him up and he was outside working on his Roof,I believe. Nice conversation

Microeconomics 101. Price is a function of supply and demand. The interesting part is what creates demand; I would argue that this forum has something to do with it.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on January 21, 2023, 10:27:56 AM
Microeconomics 101. Price is a function of supply and demand.

Been a while since Econ 101. But I still remember it.   ;D

Turkey calls seem to follow the S&D principle to a certain point.  But there's been LOTS of examples where call prices have taken a left turn at Albuquerque and gone out through the weeds.  Most times they come back........     But there have been some very random bubbles, booms and bursts all along the way.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 21, 2023, 11:41:37 AM

Turkey calls seem to follow the S&D principle to a certain point.  But there's been LOTS of examples where call prices have taken a left turn at Albuquerque and gone out through the weeds.  Most times they come back........     But there have been some very random bubbles, booms and bursts all along the way.

I have noticed some crazy spikes like the Gravediggers and Cody on eBay. But those are linked to perceived availablity. Perception has a lot to do with it. And, also fads linked to internet influences.

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on January 21, 2023, 03:05:08 PM

I have noticed some crazy spikes like the Gravediggers and Cody on eBay. But those are linked to perceived availablity. Perception has a lot to do with it. And, also fads linked to internet influences.

Yep.   That's two of 'em.

Do you remember the Lohman 870 bubble of a couple years back ??   There's a million of them out there.  And they are about as close to firewood as a box call can come.  But they went nuts for a while on eBay.  Absolutely NO idea as to why.............
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 21, 2023, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: Zobo on January 21, 2023, 03:05:08 PM

Yep.   That's two of 'em.

Do you remember the Lohman 870 bubble of a couple years back ??   There's a million of them out there.  And they are about as close to firewood as a box call can come.  But they went nuts for a while on eBay.  Absolutely NO idea as to why.............

Yes, I think so, idk that call personally but that's the one with the groove on the bottom for the rubber band I think. No short supply but the call goes through the roof, that's got to be irrational sudden demand. :z-dizzy:  Probably younger/newer hunters who were influenced online somehow and have to have it NOW. Some people panic buy. 
     I recently was offered over $1000 for a Chris Reeve skinning knife I paid under $200 for because they stopped making that model and the guy needed to have it now that he thinks he can't get it anymore. But there's plenty of them out there, it's really just a high quality production knife.