turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New here and a question.......

Started by Scottyb, February 13, 2011, 09:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

well you are only a serious hunter if you use those 2 things.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Kylongspur88

Never heard any of those, but I have heard that a hen will return to nest in the same area as it did the year before? IDK, that would be a good question for Dr. Williams.

OLE RASPY

:welcomeOG: and tell your buddy that he is the GREATEST wild turkey hunter..I work with one of those guys and u cant do nuttin but agree with them and showem up in the spring.

harvester

You may want to talk to him on serious level bout turkey hunting. Have him give you some more info, we always need a good laugh. Oh and by the way  :welcomeOG:

nctrkyhntr

I have found gobblers around mid day next to pine thickets or where ever the hens are nesting waiting for hens to come off of their nest.

TnHunter

Did anyone from that other site question him or ask him how he came up with that theory?
Life is good today

TRKYHTR

Anybody on the internet can be a Master Turkey hunter. As for his theory. Gobblers roost near hens. If the hens roost near the nesting areas then the gobblers will too. I don't believe that gobblers look for nesting sites to search for hens, I don't believe they are that smart. They search for hens by gobbling their heads off. I disagree about the dense cover. A gobblers whole thought process in the spring is to mate. He does that by looking presentable to the hens. It is hard for a gobbler to strut for his hens in thick cover. Not saying they wont but they don't prefer it. Again if there are hens in the area there will be gobblers but as a rule of thumb look for more open hardwoods to find strutting gobblers. JMO

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

catdaddy

Quote from: Scottyb on February 13, 2011, 09:47:53 PM
Thank god.. I was beginning to think I was crazy..lol

This guy thinks he is the greatest turkey hunter in this country. He has only hunted one state, and only in one very small area of the state.lol  

He has made statements like he has mastered turkey calling, then puts up videos and if you heard it, you would feel the same way that I do.. that the only thing he has mastered is baiting......

I swear he was not kidding either, I wish he was, but he wasnt...  

hey have you guys ever read any other funny BS like this on other sites?

Ask him if he kills 50% to 75% of the birds he hears gobble on the roost 4 times.