OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yes, yes, YES !!!!!!!

Started by Yoder409, January 04, 2023, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativeks

Quote from: Soft Talker on January 08, 2023, 05:18:04 PM
Corn(bait from slob hunters) = more predators and disease = less turkeys for you. Add to that the increased number of sorry a$$ tactics used to kill these days, and most of your turkeys don't stand a chance sustaining themselves. Problem has always seemed real simple too me.
I think that is part of the problem. But if that was the root of the problem Texas and Oklahoma would be devoid of birds for 50 years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

One thing that will not be popular that I am going to say anyway is that there needs to be a season for feral cats, they have been the reason for the extinction of many songbird species and you can bet your bottom they are nailing the poults as well as adult turkey. They are legal to shoot in my state but with all the nutjobs out there if you are seen it is a major hassle.

As far as I am concerned if they are seen in hunting areas and they do not have a collar on they should be shot. Same goes for wild dogs and I am a major dog person.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

btomlin

Trapping is as addictive as chasing longbeards so be careful!!!  :anim_25: