turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leafy jacket

Started by ClayR089, January 03, 2023, 10:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

My wife (5'7", 127 lbs.) has worn a M/L NMG leafy pullover with zero issues. In fact my 10 year old daughter (5'1", 95 lbs.) has also worn it. A bit baggy on her, but didn't cause her any problems. I ordered that one for myself, but ended up getting an XL/XXL for added sleeve length. I prefer them a bit baggy so that it doesn't restrict movement in any way. Couldn't recommend any leafy higher than these.

I also have an old ASAT leafy suit, and it's great as well, but I do prefer NMG.

WildTigerTrout

I bought a lightweight, breathable  3D leafy jacket/pants combo made by Underbrush close to 20 years ago. It's Advantage Timber and is quite surprisingly still in decent shape.  I never wore the pants, just did not like them.  IMO these style of jackets with 3D camo give you a decided advantage when it comes to concealment as long as you sit still! I think you should get one but since I have no experience with the new ones on the market I cannot recommend which one to buy.  Have fun looking.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

jmart241

I have a Firstlite i really like it

bigdrumnc

Any one with the Amazon leafy jackets, how do they hold up?  Do you like them?

Tom007

I will add that I've had a few leafy jackets over the years. Prior to the North Mountain pull over, I have 2 Shannon's Bug Tamer jackets. They are well made too. The big difference I see with the North Mountain is how secure the leaves are when you sit against trees. I noticed over time on my other jackets that the back leaves that contacted the tree sometimes "Tore off". The way North Mountain attaches the leaves to their material is much better than the others I've seen. So far, I haven't lost any leaves when I "slide down" to sit against a tree while running & gunning. The North Mountain seems to take more of a "beating", holds up well. Just thought I'd mention this......
"Solo hunter"

Mossberg90MN

I have 2 from Cabelas. The Redhead brand. I like em, they work good. And they're only like $50 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

North Mountain gear does give forum members a discount, thought I would mention that....
"Solo hunter"

Crghss

I really like the NMG. I'm in FL and they breathe really well for me.

I think the quality is great, the leafs held up well so far. I like zippers on pockets.

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Stickbow98

Just wish I could convince NMG to make a set that will fit me! 5/6X. Keep asking and will gladly pay for the extra, but they don't actually make them I guess. You can only get what they get?  :help:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

rakkin6

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 05, 2023, 12:11:53 PM
I have 2 from Cabelas. The Redhead brand. I like em, they work good. And they're only like $50 I think.

Me too, I really like mine

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Cottonmouth

I got a set from Titan 3d that I really like. It comes in a lot of patterns including mossy oak.  It's lighter weight than the NMG and is perfect for hot weather down south. I have been happy with it. Light and breathable.

lowcountry

I got the Duck Camp one for Christmas.   Super good quality.   

Dtrkyman

I have considered one but to me the lesfy suits are not leafy enough to make much difference, ghillie sure but I don't see the advantage with the leafy.

Are you guys getting picked off that much?

I thought about attching some rafia grass to my shoulder straps on my vest but just don't have much issue getting picked off.

Guskie

There advantage to me is that I don't have to pack anymore camo tops while I'm on the road. Any drab colored shirt ( or no shirt) works great under the leafy jackets.

I hate going into public or talking to landowners in full camo, being able to slide out of the leafy makes that real convenient.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Dtrkyman on January 16, 2023, 11:04:47 AM
I have considered one but to me the lesfy suits are not leafy enough to make much difference, ghillie sure but I don't see the advantage with the leafy.

Are you guys getting picked off that much?

I thought about attching some rafia grass to my shoulder straps on my vest but just don't have much issue getting picked off.
The biggest thing for me about it is that I can leave straight from work, throw my leafy top over my work shirt, slip on a pair of camo pants and be hunting. I work from 6:45 am until 4 pm typically 7 days a week and the closest public from my job is about 45 minutes to an hour away depending on traffic. By the time I get there and walk in to anywhere that holds birds I've got about an hour to an hour and a half until fly up . Saving that extra 10 or 15 minutes to change is a big deal to me when already limited on time anyway. Other than that I think it's more of a fad than anything.