OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Leafy jacket

Started by ClayR089, January 03, 2023, 10:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClayR089

Everyone talks about the North Mountain Gear, but I'm curious if there are any other suggestions?  I'm a smaller guy and see that NMG only has a medium/large as their smallest size. Which means large. Never had one before but see the value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Okay I'll be that guy.  I really like my North Mountain Gear  leafy jacket.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Turkeybutt

I like the two I have. One dedicated for turkey hunting that I spray with permethren and the other suit I use for early season archery hunting.

Bridger

First Lite sells one they call the Phantom Leafy Suit Top.  It comes in S, M, L, XL, XXL. 90 yelps each. No personal experience with this.  I love my North Mountain pullover.

Tom007

X10 on North Mountain Pullover. The chest pocket is fantastic, the quality is unmatched. Wouldn't hit the woods without mine...
"Solo hunter"

ScottTaulbee

Last year I bought the nomad gear leafy jacket first, it's that really shiny material and pretty warm, it doesn't breathe great. So in turn I bought the north mountain gear jacket, it's not bad. Sleeves are a little short and for the 100$ price tag, it's mesh. I bought a leafy suit set with pants and jacket from Amazon for about 20$ and it's nearly identical to the north mountain gear as far as material and fit but it's more like the original obsession pattern but isn't mossy oak.

fmf

I've got a quik camo suit that I really like

Jordan121787

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on January 04, 2023, 07:00:19 AM
Last year I bought the nomad gear leafy jacket first, it's that really shiny material and pretty warm, it doesn't breathe great. So in turn I bought the north mountain gear jacket, it's not bad. Sleeves are a little short and for the 100$ price tag, it's mesh. I bought a leafy suit set with pants and jacket from Amazon for about 20$ and it's nearly identical to the north mountain gear as far as material and fit but it's more like the original obsession pattern but isn't mossy oak.

Have a link?

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Jordan121787 on January 04, 2023, 08:43:14 AM
Quote from: ScottTaulbee on January 04, 2023, 07:00:19 AM

Have a link?
Upgrade Ghillie Suit Outdoor 3D Lifelike Super Lightweight Hooded Camouflage Clothing Jungle Woodland Hunting Shooting https://a.co/d/ayLYM5c

guesswho

Quote from: fmf on January 04, 2023, 07:55:20 AM
I also have a couple.   And I really like the reverse wearing hat/facemask combo that's available.   Plus they are good people to deal with.   I have no experience on the NMG so can't speak on that.
https://quikcamo.com/
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on January 04, 2023, 09:05:34 AM
Quote from: fmf on January 04, 2023, 07:55:20 AM
I also have a couple.   And I really like the reverse wearing hat/facemask combo that's available.   Plus they are good people to deal with.   I have no experience on the NMG so can't speak on that.
https://quikcamo.com/
I just clicked on your link to the website and they wanted to sell me some kind of cookies ...

Guskie

I have the north mountain leafy jacket and my wife has the first lite leafy jacket. The first lite does come in smaller sizes, which is why she went with it. Both are nice, but I think the north mountain is a little better quality, it's still in good shape after 3 or 4 seasons. The first lite has held up well too with the exception of the "leaves", their edges have frayed and are coming apart.

Nathan_Wiles

I have a couple of the NMG full zips, I love these. My daughter has the pullover, which was won on here last year (thanks again, OG and NMG). She loves hers as well. We had BPS versions before these, and they did not last like these have.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ClayR089

Thanks everyone for your comments!

CALLM2U

Does anyone who is smaller framed (normally wears a small to medium in shirts) have the NMG and can comment on the fit?