turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best priced A/T Tires?

Started by FLAhotdog, February 13, 2011, 08:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLAhotdog

My Dayton 31 10.50 15 A/T Timberlines that I bought in 2006 for $400 out the door are almost out of gas. Any recommendations for a good priced A/T tire? I heard that Pro Comp might run their Xtreme A/T's on sale this spring for buy 3 get one free, which would be about $570. Tires are expensive!!!

Skeeterbait

General Grabber AT2.  On my second set now.  First set went 68k miles and could have kept going.  Quiet smooth ride.  Tough as nails.  Will hurt your MPG a bit though, they are heavy.

FLAhotdog

What did you have to pay for the Grabbers?

Skeeterbait

265 75 16, first set I got from Sears on sale but don't remember how much.  Second set everybody around here were backordered and I caught them on sale on TireRack.com.  Looks like they are $158 each right now.  Mine cost me $620 total by the time I paid to ship them and get them mounted locally. Your size is $122 each right now on TireRack.

FLAhotdog

Thanks. Gonna go check them Grabbers out this week.

Gamblinman

I second the General AT2's. On my first set of 285/75/R16's on my HD. good off-road and wear well.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

PANYHunter

I've got the grabbers too.  Gonna put my second set on in another month or so.

hobbes

Looks a lot like the BF Goodrich A/T KO.  I've got to put a new set on before turkey season.  About the best price I could find locally for 265 75 16 was $780 installed and that was for Yokahoma's, BF Goodrich, and one other that I can't remember.  I'm sure we pay a premium here though.

Gobblestopper

Try checking out a new site called tirebuyer.com  Got free shipping on four tires right to one of their 17 installers in my area.  The installer charged only $38 to mount and balance all four!  It was like $360 out the door with x-tra road hazard for 70,000 mile tires.

The selection can be kind of hit or miss depending on brand and size but you might find what your looking for at a good price.

Also my daughter just ran a tirebuyer.com best price w/free ship up against a Discount Tire store salesman and they dropped their price about $28 per tire and matched the internet price.  Like I told her, you don't get if you don't ask. Man was she happy about that advice.   

stinkpickle

Tire prices have jumped all over the place in the last few years.  I'm amazed at the price variations not only from region to region, but from store to store.  Nitto Terra Grapplers used to be "the thing" in AT tire value (still the best I've ever used...even better than BFG AT TKO's), but their price has shot up with popularity, too.

TANK

Nitto Terra Grapplers. I got a set on my Z71 p265/70/17 delivered for $568, (don't hold me to the exact dollar, ain't positive) from Discount Tire Direct. They ride great, quite, and perform fairly well. As for miles I dont know yet, but I have a set of 35/12.50/17 Nitto Mud Grapplers on my hunting truck. I have about 30k miles on them and they are between half tread and a quarter......

paladin

"have gun-will travel"

3.5inchpainfulldeath

check out
Falken high country's.  I have a set on a ford ranger and they are awesome.  Great Price too.

stinkpickle

Snoody Bastid

I had good experiences with Sears Trailhandler A/T's. I was told they were re-badged Michelins. I had em' on my old Toyota truck & Jeep Cherokee back in the day. I think they are called APT's today.