News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommend Waterproof Hiking Boots?

Started by BDeal, November 16, 2022, 11:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Hi All-

I'm looking for a new pair of 400G insulated hikers. I have Danner Pronghorns and really like them but they just dont last. I'm thinking I may buy the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. Does anyone have any other suggestions for an all around boot that I will wear scouting, turkey hunting, and bow hunting?

Thank You!

TurkeyReaper69

I would highly reccomend the Mtn Extremes. I've had my Kennetreks for 2 years now, to be honest I didn't want to buy them due to the price tag. But once I tried em on there was no going back. Ever since I've become a complete Kennetrek fanboy advocating for em on every post I see like this. I'll never go back to another boot.

WV Flopper

I would highly NOT recommend the Kenny's! They are heavy, over priced, not comfy on my feet, and not Hikers.

I love Hikers, light, shorter, not near as hot. I have been using Crispi's for a few years and like them alot. Crispi's are not cheap either. Look at the Nevada's or Summits for Hikers.

Mathews.1

Crispi's all the way. Kenny's are also very hard to get them broken in

Guskie

The Mountain Extremes will be a very stiff boot. Everyone is different, but I would only want that boot for packing a heavy load in steep rocky terrain in cold weather.  For general hunting,  I prefer a boot that lets my foot flex and my ankles articulate.

Mossberg90MN

I got crispis, your feet get hot in them though. Due to the gortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiloh

I got Crispi's as well.  These are the ONLY boot that I've ever had that you can walk through heavy dew with and your feet don't get wet!  I have 2 full seasons on mine as well as fall and an elk hunt. 

Crghss

I wear merrell moab 2. There are hot but never had them leak.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Greg Massey

Columbia makes some pretty good boots.. I've got older pair of these i wear most of the time turkey hunting. It's just hard to find good quality boots... I've had 100 dollar boots wear just as good if not better than the high dollar ones.. in my opinion the insole makes the boot ...

rifleman

I have the Crispi Nevadas and they leaked the first time I wore them.  Sentthem back and they said they couldn't get them to leak.  Prior to sending them in I put them in the sink with tissues inside and then I held them with water just over half the height of the boot.  The tissue and the inside of the boot were wet on the side where I initially felt the leak.  So I now can only wear them when it is dry.  I find them heavy for what they are.  No more Crispis for me.

Cowboy

On the Crispis,  which style are you all recommending?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

vt35mag

I bought the Crispi Nevada GTX 200G in September and have been running them all fall (was on snow most lot of November) and absolutely love them. Very comfortable out of the box, break in was quick, and no hot spots. If I don't have 100mi on them (track in VT and NH) so far this deer season, I am darn close and still no leaks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I love Zamberlan boots. You need something high quality and something that fits your foot.  I have one pair of Crispis and it just doesn't fit me as well and doesn't seem to be as good of quality. I know they get a lot of love though.

FLGobstopper

Quote from: aclawrence on December 04, 2022, 09:51:16 PM
I love Zamberlan boots. You need something high quality and something that fits your foot.  I have one pair of Crispis and it just doesn't fit me as well and doesn't seem to be as good of quality. I know they get a lot of love though.

Which Zamberlan's do you have?

I ordered a pair of the Storm Pro Gtx last week during a sale as well as a comparable pair of Schnees, Timberland's I think. Excited to try them both on and make a decision and will end up sending one back.         

I will say last year I had a buddy from out west hunting with me here in FL during some of the wettest spring weather I can remember in a long time. He wore a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's and gaiters and stayed dry even crossing standing water in flooded fire lines and pasture edges. As a long, long time rubber boot wearer for hunting in the SE, I was blown away. Looking forward to broadening my horizons for at home and times when traveling out of state.

Guskie

I've worn a lot of high end boots. Lowa, zamberlan, meindle, crispi, salewa, asolo, scarpa, and probably some I can't remember. Everyone of them has leaked. Some leak right away, others take some time before the goretex breaks down.