OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A Call takes flight!

Started by culpeper, June 18, 2011, 10:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

I am about to deliver this caller in an hour for another Father's Day Gift.  Mahogany lid with a Curly Maple tail feather and Ipe inlays over a Red Cedar box chamber with "Bubble Maple" end blocks, set on an Ipe base.  This call was odd during tuning and 3 other Ipe lids I built, which in my eyes all appeared to be ideal didn't sound right, so I went to a little softer wood in the Mahogany and voila!!  With the tail feather on top and the breast feather on the side, this call looks like it's about to take flight.  Hope it rolls a mess of love-crazed gaga-eyed longbeards for the new owner.  Thanks for lookin everyone.

hunter22

Scott,

Your woodburning is awesome. Beautiful call.

a-j calls

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

trb136

Awesome work as usual Scott You are very talented!!!

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

doepee

That call looks awsome and so does the wood burining. :you_rock:

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Cut*N*Run

pappy

Scott, you are truly an artist.....wow...is all I can say...wow
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

culpeper

Pappy, an artist...well perhaps, but only in the sense of drawing (wood burning).  The heart and soul of my calls are first and foremost in sound quality.  I don't start any wood burning until such time the call is ready to hunt.  That's why in this case where no matter what walnut lid I tried the call didn't sound right (man was that frustrating >:() , so I switched to a mahogany lid and a slightly different grain orientation and I got the turkey I was looking for ;D.

Basser69

That is a sweet looking box caller right there!