OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

flu shots?

Started by harvester, February 13, 2011, 08:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Quote from: Odessa on February 13, 2011, 08:54:18 PM
Take it every year and also haven't gotten the flu from it yet.

+1
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

renegade19

Every year.  I also think it lessons the severity of the flu if you catch it.

catdaddy

I get a flu shot every year--if nothing else--it helps me psycologically. If I do start to feel a little sick during the year I tell myself " It can't be the flu--I had a flu shot"

stinkpickle

More importantly, the shot prevents the virus from reproducing in you and passing it on to others...even if you don't have any symptoms.

woodchip

Get one every year!  Feel a little achy for a day but never had the flu after taking one.  :z-winnersmiley:

Gold Spur

Quote from: woodchip on February 14, 2011, 08:18:20 PM
Get one every year!  Feel a little achy for a day but never had the flu after taking one.  :z-winnersmiley:

X2, and I've been taking them for 30 years!
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

ddturkeyhunter

Get one every year The only thing I have ever gotten because of it is a sore arm if the nurse hits the wrong spot. I don't like taking chances when it comes to my life and two people that had been out of work at my place last year for a couple of weeks just happen to have passed on the flu shot because they too didn't be leave in it.

TANK

I don't take it. Haven't had the flu for about 15 years. I think a few germs helps keep your immune system strong. My wife, mother & father-n-law run to the Dr ever time they sneeze or cough more than twice. They are always taking antibiodics also, and they are the ones that are always sick.........