OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Have You Found Turkey Hunting

Started by NCL, May 29, 2022, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

The thread on "what have lost while turkey hunting: got me thinking on what I  have found while turkey hunting. Things that I have found include gloves and a head lamp. On a few occasions I have even found turkeys. The most rewarding is I have found solitude. So what have you found?

ChesterCopperpot

Piles of morels. Most of my very best deer hunting spots. Lots of sheds. An old still or two. This year a giant graveyard, presumably graves of enslaved peoples running from about 1800-1840. At first I just saw some odd rocks. Went over and thought, that's a grave. Started looking around and they were everywhere. Anywhere from 75-100 graves. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

3bailey3

I found this buckle at a camp I was in about 10 years ago, camp was close to the battle of Raymond.

3bailey3

I found this old medicine bottle this year at camp, it was in our driveway, the rain had made a rut and when i drove over it I thought it was just a broken piece of glass, started digging and it was in great shape, on the bottom it is stamped 1909.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 29, 2022, 11:52:50 AM
I found this buckle at a camp I was in about 10 years ago, camp was close to the battle of Raymond.

Man, that buckle is incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

I ran across an old Disc plow in the middle of the woods that was embedded in a tree.
I'll be hunting tomorrow so if i run across it again I'll take a photo and share.

ybuck

cool stuff guys!!!

found a baseball glove (the single finger style/) before cell phone cameras(no picture)
i went to pick it up, and it just fell apart......how could that end up a mile from the nearest road, in the middle of a hardwood forest?
i guess some things we will never know the answer too?

TRG3

Last season, I found a deer call I lost a few years ago but did not realize it since I rarely used it. It was in the high-water debris line and little worse for the wear.

deerhunt1988

abandoned marijuana grow on a Mississippi National Forest

It was about 0.75 miles from a 4-lane highway. They'd walked in ~0.5 mile on a logging trail and then bushwhacked 500-600 yards down to a creek bottom.

3bailey3

Turkeyhunt88 you still got those coordinates? never mind I forgot your LOE!

guesswho

Found somebody's leg in Georgia one time.   Numerous marijuana plants in the 70's and 80's in central Florida.   It was so common back then it was like a native plant. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Found a huge, overhung boulder on the side of a West Virginia ravine.  Built up on the ground directly below the edge of the boulder was a (VERY OLD) stone wall about 30 inches high.  You could easily have fit 10-15 men on the dirt floor under the overhang and behind the wall.

This was not very far at all from where the Civil War battle of Droop Mt. took place.................   Kinda makes the imagination run wild.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Peace and seeing some beautiful sunrises... something to think about with what's happening in this country now ....  God Please help us ...

Zobo

I hunt along a beachfront sometimes and once found a very nice looking pocket watch sticking out of the sand on the dunes. It was keeping perfect time and yes, of course, it was a Timex.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14