OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What states should be on a bucket list?

Started by turkeyhuntermag, May 29, 2022, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Quote from: joey46 on May 29, 2022, 04:34:07 PM
Do your own research.  Send out a lot of PMs and go from there.  If you think anyone is going to name their favorite state anymore you're dreaming.  Those days may be long gone.  Too bad - maybe.

I don't really blame the op for being tone deaf as he's new to the forum, but as we all know posting a "which state" post, for good or for bad, is a nonstarter anymore.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

guesswho

Quote from: Zobo on May 29, 2022, 04:35:21 PM
I think it's very funny. Humor IS meaningful, we need more of it in this world, not less. These are clearly jokes!
:icon_thumright:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Quote from: ybuck on May 29, 2022, 02:34:12 PM
always wanted to try Texas
When it's good, Texas is great.  So much drought in parts of the state this year I would have concerns for the next couple of years.  If you choose to go, quiz the outfitter/ranch well as to their current population.  But when it's a good place, man oh man it can be incredible.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ybuck

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 29, 2022, 05:18:04 PM
Quote from: ybuck on May 29, 2022, 02:34:12 PM
always wanted to try Texas
When it's good, Texas is great.  So much drought in parts of the state this year I would have concerns for the next couple of years.  If you choose to go, quiz the outfitter/ranch well as to their current population.  But when it's a good place, man oh man it can be incredible.

many thanks.
appreciate the info..

may be a few years b4 i get a chance

Mountainburd

I'm all for humor when everyone is in on the joke. The OP is new to the forum. He was clearly not looking for a spot, just simply asking a question about bucket list for states. My guess is he's possibly trying to drum up some content for his new magazine. I'm not sure. Either way, I'm not sure how it's giving anything always when you talk about a state where you wish to hunt turkeys. Lots of states have turkeys and good hunting. Some don't. I doubt that any lurkers will use this thread as a final vetting process for where they want to hunt.

the Ward

Quote from: Mountainburd on May 29, 2022, 03:33:02 PM
These wise guy posts are getting so old and not funny at all. If you have nothing meaningful to add to a thread, then stay off of it.

I would love to hunt New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. I'm not much of a destination hunter as I get much fulfillment hunting my home and some surrounding states.

To the OP. This site has turned into a mess as far as what is truth and what is not. The competition of the traveling turkey hunter combined with reduced population numbers is ruining the sport, and quite frankly this site.
Are you familiar with the terms,"cyberscouting" or "data mining"? Thus the humorous replies, if, indeed, this is what the O.P. is seeking. If  he is not, then no harm, no foul, we just had some giggles.
And to turkeyhuntermag,     :welcomeOG:

Mountainburd

Quote from: the Ward on May 29, 2022, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: Mountainburd on May 29, 2022, 03:33:02 PM
These wise guy posts are getting so old and not funny at all. If you have nothing meaningful to add to a thread, then stay off of it.

I would love to hunt New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. I'm not much of a destination hunter as I get much fulfillment hunting my home and some surrounding states.

To the OP. This site has turned into a mess as far as what is truth and what is not. The competition of the traveling turkey hunter combined with reduced population numbers is ruining the sport, and quite frankly this site.
Are you familiar with the terms,"cyberscouting" or "data mining"? Thus the humorous replies, if, indeed, this is what the O.P. is seeking. If  he is not, then no harm, no foul, we just had some giggles.
And to turkeyhuntermag,     :welcomeOG:

You clearly haven't read the rest of my posts. Seriously man? Of course I have. And again. I go back to what I said. Aside from the hunter seeking the highest population with the least amount of pressure, please tell me how stating what states you wish to hunt constitutes bait for cyber scouting? I repeat. I want to hunt New Hampshire and Vermont. How is me saying that giving any sacred information away? Please tell me.

Sir-diealot

I think Gould's and Merriam's are the two prettiest of the subspecies so I would like to hunt in a state/country that has these. Big game before my accident I dreamed of hunting Alaska for Kodiak bear with a bow, the Yukon with bow for moose, Africa for Gemsbok and Greater Kudu with bow. I had most of the money saved up for a black bear bow hunt in Manitoba before my car accident, I wanted to get one of those Cinnamon phased black bear, or a blond.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

You can tell spring turkey season is pretty much over ...  :TooFunny:

Old Timer

:-[
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 29, 2022, 07:16:02 PM
I guess all good thing have to come to an end

Greg Massey

Quote from: Old Timer on May 29, 2022, 08:41:23 PM
:-[
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 29, 2022, 07:16:02 PM
I guess all good thing have to come to an end
:TooFunny:

HookedonHooks

I thought everyone's bucket list was every state anymore.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on May 29, 2022, 09:29:32 PM
Chadron
You taking about a Chadron? You can get 4 tags for $107 right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on May 29, 2022, 09:49:38 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on May 29, 2022, 09:29:32 PM
Chadron
You taking about a Chadron? You can get 4 tags for $107 right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No