turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Reaping vs “drop back” callers

Started by JohnSouth22, May 25, 2022, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigriverbum

if calling out said behavior makes me a prick then so be it.

show me one post where i've ever been the aggressor in any negative exchanges/behavior.

good luck

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on May 30, 2022, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on May 30, 2022, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Zobo on May 30, 2022, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on May 29, 2022, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: Happy on May 29, 2022, 01:26:20 PMWell crap. Looks like I have broken every one of those rules. What's my punishment? Only allowed to use a blind and decoys next year? A lifetime subscription to Buckmasters? Please take it easy on me.

Haha !!!!!   You WISH !!!!!!!!!!!   

You're sentenced to a turkey hunting lifetime on public land..........dropped back, calling behind a buddy.............and running THIS out in front of him.

LOL!!!!! You've got to be kidding me with this thing! Does it gobble?
That's the most unbelievably ridiculous, obscene contraption I've ever seen. That seriously exists?!!!?  Someone posted he could not unsee the loincloth picture. This, I cannot unsee.

The Gobble Package is optional and also includes an adjustable snood and "question mark" turd dispenser.   The one shown above is the base model.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Well then clearly the Gobble Package is the smart choice!

It really is !!!  Best number of features on a budget.

If you got a little extra coin, though............the Double Gobble Package is pretty sweet !!!  It includes the Gobble Package plus 10-ply tires, an extended-run battery and a belt holster for the remote controller.

Only adds a few bucks to your monthly payment.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

BDeal

Quote from: bigriverbum on May 30, 2022, 09:50:03 AM
Quote from: CowHunter71 on May 27, 2022, 08:15:21 AM
Quite often, as well as dropping back and calling, then repositioning to give the illusion of live Hen drifting around. Difference is, I hunt alone, one on one, me against him. This is how I choose to play the game. Using a second person to drag him by, is horsesh#t to me. May be selfish, but I am not out there to call you up a Gobbler, just like I would not want you to call me up a Gobbler.. I have more respect for these Turkeys than I do most people. My Old School Code, and that of my Kin, demands the game be "won" honorably, period. Most will feel this is ridiculous, but I really do not care. I am sure 'nuff part of a dying breed, and cut from a different cloth than most. Proud of that ;)

:TooFunny:

good riddence to 'YOUR' breed.

if only birds could be killed with self-righteousness

No doubt
[/quote]

Paulmyr

Quote from: bigriverbum on May 31, 2022, 08:19:36 AM
if calling out said behavior makes me a prick then so be it.

show me one post where i've ever been the aggressor in any negative exchanges/behavior.

good luck

Since this thread has already been derailed, I'll indulge you. Here's some posts of yours from a single thread.

1st you start off by mocking a non resident who's talking about regulation changes detrimental to non residents in a state where he owns property with a wisecrack about only being able to shoot 4 bucks.

Then later in the same thread you felt the need to correct my grammar and call me a whiner then parody me a few post later. Then you proceeded to use improper word structure by spelling "wisconsin", a proper noun without a capital W (can you say hypocrisy), while making another wisecrack about how I wouldn't be missed in "wisconsin" either.

Now, when the OP asked for opinions Cowhunter71 gave his, a little rough in his delivery, but his opinion none the less. He backed his opinion with his heritage and the code of ethics instilled in him by his family. You, on the other hand, have nothing to offer this thread but to attack him, his family, and his heritage. Talk about self righteous, look in the mirror lately. I'm sure there's more examples but I'm not wasting my time on it any longer than I already have.

Apparently you're the self-appointed internet police and feel need to monitor people's opinions and how they deliver them. A reference to the tough guy prick who hides behind online anonymity remark you've used in yet another post. Notice my username is an abbreviation of my real name in my signature line. Who's hiding?
I hope my grammar and sentence structure is up to par. I'd hate to be pulled over by the online police again.

Here's some screenshots to refresh your memory.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 31, 2022, 08:58:56 AM
Quote from: Happy on May 29, 2022, 01:26:20 PMWell crap. Looks like I have broken every one of those rules. What's my punishment? Only allowed to use a blind and decoys next year? A lifetime subscription to Buckmasters? Please take it easy on me.

You're sentenced to a turkey hunting lifetime on public land..........dropped back, calling behind a buddy.............and running THIS out in front of him.

That's the most unbelievably ridiculous, obscene contraption I've ever seen. That seriously exists?!!!?  Someone posted he could not unsee the loincloth picture. This, I cannot unsee.

The Gobble Package is optional and also includes an adjustable snood and "question mark" turd dispenser.   The one shown above is the base model.

If you got a little extra coin, though............the Double Gobble Package is pretty sweet !!!  It includes the Gobble Package plus 10-ply tires, an extended-run battery and a belt holster for the remote controller.

LOL!!!!

Ok, ok, you've convinced me, I'll go Double Gobble.

But help me out, I've got a tss loaded .410 revolver I want to implant in that thing, you got a conversion kit with remote capabilities for that?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Paulmyr

Quote from: Zobo on May 31, 2022, 10:15:18 PM

LOL!!!!

But help me out, I've got a tss loaded .410 revolver I want to implant in that thing, you got a conversion kit with remote capabilities for that?

I think you'd be missing the boat with the Double Gobble. What I think you really need  is the Reaper model. It comes equipped with a mechanics dolly, up graded electric motor, and 12" mag wheels. No need to belly crawl! Reap in comfort and style with the many optional accessories including a gun holster and bug screen!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Zobo

I like the idea of a bug screen. I think you're on to something here. Maybe instead of the turd dispenser(I know it's difficult to let something like that go, but life is about tradeoffs afterall) we put a thermacell in is place?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Happy

Guys, use your heads a bit. DEET infused turds. And the body of the decoy can just be a giant Theromcell. I ain't got where I have got as head greeter at Walmart by just being extremely good looking.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 31, 2022, 11:26:10 PM
Quote from: Zobo on May 31, 2022, 10:15:18 PM

LOL!!!!

I think you'd be missing the boat with the Double Gobble. What I think you really need  is the Reaper model. It comes equipped with a mechanics dolly, up graded electric motor, and 12" mag wheels. No need to belly crawl! Reap in comfort and style with the many optional accessories including a gun holster and bug screen!

Actually.............what you're describing is the Double Shock Gobble and Awe model.

Comes with everything the Double Gobble offers.  But it also caters to the western hunter and the reaper crowd.  Amenities include :

Extra 5" suspension lift
12" mag wheels with Baby Super Swamper tires
Front and rear air locker differentials
Tru-Strut motion fan holder with standard fan AND 4' peekaboo, reaping fan
Rear mount beer can holder
Front GoPro mount
Towing package with reaping trailer hitch (aluminum reaping trailer sold separately)

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

eggshell

I'm getting more confused all the time. why do we need a Grim reaper, motorized decoy if we're drop back passing/ or calling?

However, since we're discussing all the different models I may as well put my pitch in for the ultimate gobbler getter reaping machine. All the above mentioned options plus Full 360 video capability with instant upload to youtube, includes a gun turent in your desired guage, full remote trigger, nitrus oxide boost (in case he runs) and meat hook deployment for retrieval. This model includes a drink dispenser for your celebration once the reaper returns with your gobbler to your tree. It also has a removeable seat that can be used to ride in and out of the woods.

Yoder409

Quote from: eggshell on June 01, 2022, 09:57:20 AM
Why do we need a Grim reaper, motorized decoy if we're drop back passing/ or calling?

In case one's motivation level is not up to drop back calling............

:homersimpson:
PA elitist since 1979

Happy

You might wanna include GPS navigation just in case you over indulge on the beers.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Paulmyr

Hmmm, I wonder how long it will take before we actually see the Grim Reaper Double Gobble Extreme actually on the market? Hope we didn't give somebody any Ideas!

guesswho

All that's fine and dandy.   But I'm after realism.   I'm holding out for the glide down model.   If a gobbler sees this poop on the limb, pitch out of the tree, glide to the ground and then starts strutting, it's all over. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff