OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Reaping vs “drop back” callers

Started by JohnSouth22, May 25, 2022, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

If I was driving that decoy it would see more air time than any real wild turkey has.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: Happy on May 29, 2022, 07:33:44 PM
If I was driving that decoy it would see more air time than any real wild turkey has.

(In my best monster truck event promoter's voice)

It's the great World of Turkey Wheels throwdoooowwwn !!!!!!!!!!!!!  The GREATEST turkey spectacle EVERRRRRRRR !!!!   Come ome one !!!!   Come all !!!!!   Buy the whole seat, but you'll ONLY NEED THE EDGE !!!!!!!!!     Coming to a turkey arena near you !!!!   What day is that ????   SATURDAAAAAAAYYYY !!!!!   SATURDAAAAAAYYYYYY !!!! SATURDAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY !!!!

:z-guntootsmiley:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Happy

I think it's safe to say most of us were not ready for the season to be over

bigriverbum

Quote from: CowHunter71 on May 27, 2022, 08:15:21 AM
Quite often, as well as dropping back and calling, then repositioning to give the illusion of live Hen drifting around. Difference is, I hunt alone, one on one, me against him. This is how I choose to play the game. Using a second person to drag him by, is horsesh#t to me. May be selfish, but I am not out there to call you up a Gobbler, just like I would not want you to call me up a Gobbler.. I have more respect for these Turkeys than I do most people. My Old School Code, and that of my Kin, demands the game be "won" honorably, period. Most will feel this is ridiculous, but I really do not care. I am sure 'nuff part of a dying breed, and cut from a different cloth than most. Proud of that ;)
[/quote]

:TooFunny:

good riddence to 'YOUR' breed.

if only birds could be killed with self-righteousness

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 29, 2022, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: Happy on May 29, 2022, 01:26:20 PMWell crap. Looks like I have broken every one of those rules. What's my punishment? Only allowed to use a blind and decoys next year? A lifetime subscription to Buckmasters? Please take it easy on me.

Haha !!!!!   You WISH !!!!!!!!!!!   

You're sentenced to a turkey hunting lifetime on public land..........dropped back, calling behind a buddy.............and running THIS out in front of him.

LOL!!!!! You've got to be kidding me with this thing! Does it gobble?
That's the most unbelievably ridiculous, obscene contraption I've ever seen. That seriously exists?!!!?  Someone posted he could not unsee the loincloth picture. This, I cannot unsee.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Howie g on May 28, 2022, 09:39:32 AM
Opinions, Opinions,,,
I disagree on the opinion that putting the sneak on a gobbler is " cheaper " then reaping ??
Personally, I've put the sneak on quite a few back in my greedy days .   Even though those days are behind me , IMO it takes way more woody skills to sneak one then to stick a fan up .
Opinions, Opinions
Agreed, way more difficult to do. You would have to really use woodsmanship skills to understand where that bird is going, and how you can effectively get there and be in the right position without being spotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

This is pretty good.
https://youtu.be/-xPuLf8K30w

eggshell

CowHunter71

Quote from: bigriverbum on May 30, 2022, 09:50:03 AM
Quote from: CowHunter71 on May 27, 2022, 08:15:21 AM
Quite often, as well as dropping back and calling, then repositioning to give the illusion of live Hen drifting around. Difference is, I hunt alone, one on one, me against him. This is how I choose to play the game. Using a second person to drag him by, is horsesh#t to me. May be selfish, but I am not out there to call you up a Gobbler, just like I would not want you to call me up a Gobbler.. I have more respect for these Turkeys than I do most people. My Old School Code, and that of my Kin, demands the game be "won" honorably, period. Most will feel this is ridiculous, but I really do not care. I am sure 'nuff part of a dying breed, and cut from a different cloth than most. Proud of that ;)

[/quote]Unfortunately, the breed of a##hats, like yourself, swells every year.

Happy

I guess seasons over. Back to to the short tempers and fighting.

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on May 30, 2022, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: Happy on May 29, 2022, 01:26:20 PMWell crap. Looks like I have broken every one of those rules. What's my punishment? Only allowed to use a blind and decoys next year? A lifetime subscription to Buckmasters? Please take it easy on me.

You're sentenced to a turkey hunting lifetime on public land..........dropped back, calling behind a buddy.............and running THIS out in front of him.

That's the most unbelievably ridiculous, obscene contraption I've ever seen. That seriously exists?!!!?  Someone posted he could not unsee the loincloth picture. This, I cannot unsee.

The Gobble Package is optional and also includes an adjustable snood and "question mark" turd dispenser.   The one shown above is the base model. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Paulmyr

For somebody who's so tired of tough guy pricks hiding behind online anonymity you play the role "A LOT"
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 30, 2022, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Zobo on May 30, 2022, 10:38:57 AM

The Gobble Package is optional and also includes an adjustable snood and "question mark" turd dispenser.   The one shown above is the base model.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Well then clearly the Gobble Package is the smart choice!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on May 25, 2022, 07:25:07 AM
Limb shooting is actually legal in a lot of places. One could argue its more difficult and requires more skill than reaping. Not to mention safer, and possibly less of an impact on the population (fewer birds harvested by it, "dominant gobbler" theory w/ reaping, etc.).
I got no shame in busting off the limb. It's difficult  to roost bird in evening, get in tight without spooking in morning while remembering where exactly said bird is, and being able to shoot through potential vegetation and having perfect shot on bird, I'll do it in a heartbeat if possible.

bigriverbum

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 30, 2022, 10:37:29 PM

For somebody who's so tired of tough guy pricks hiding behind online anonymity you play the role "A LOT"

:z-flirtysmile3: