OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Reaping vs “drop back” callers

Started by JohnSouth22, May 25, 2022, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 01, 2022, 09:46:51 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on June 01, 2022, 05:28:05 PM
Yup, the withdrawal started today putting away my gear.

The withdrawal started on my walk out after filling my last tag.............

Kinda like, now, it's Sunday morning and we're all comin' down..........

Yea, depressing to think we have a year to hit it again......
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on June 02, 2022, 06:35:53 AM

Well, ain't YOU our bluebird of happiness ???

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Paulmyr

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 02, 2022, 10:29:30 AM

Zippity Do Dah!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

eggshell

I ain't waiting no year, fall seasons start opening in October. I will be fall gobbler hunting, yes sir Bob

Yoder409

Quote from: eggshell on June 02, 2022, 11:40:27 AM
I ain't waiting no year, fall seasons start opening in October. I will be fall gobbler hunting, yes sir Bob

:icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: ol bob on May 25, 2022, 11:59:30 AM
Hunt however it's legal in your state, anyway that makes you happy, and don't feel like you have to tell anyone else how you hunt. You and everyone else will be happy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BDeal

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 02, 2022, 03:31:01 PM
Hunt however it's legal in your state, anyway that makes you happy, and don't feel like you have to tell anyone else how you hunt. You and everyone else will be happy.

I agree to a point but the reality is that some so called hunters have no ethics whatsoever. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. There are folks that would love to sit over baitpiles or reap and kill every turkey they possibly could.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: BDeal on June 02, 2022, 04:28:46 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 02, 2022, 03:31:01 PM

I agree to a point but the reality is that some so called hunters have no ethics whatsoever. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. There are folks that would love to sit over baitpiles or reap and kill every turkey they possibly could.
True. However, if it's legal in a certain state, who are you, I or anyone else to say don't do it? That's the problem with ethics. It varies from person to person. Legal and illegal don't. That's why I've always been of the mindset that if it's legal, and you want to do it, have at it and I wish you luck. That's not the same thing as saying that I'd do it also.
Sometimes hunters are their own worst enemies. There's already enough people trying to put a stop to hunting altogether. If we stop a certain method of hunting just because we don't like it, all we've done is making the anti's job easier, and put them one step closer to their goal.

BDeal

I do understand what you are saying but at the same time, some practices (reaping and baiting) push so far  beyond fair chase and paint hunters in such a bad light that they are worth standing up against in my opinion. Not an issue that will ever be solved....

silvestris

I am me and I will criticize most that employ tactics that I consider to be beyond the bounds of fair chase, whether legal or not.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

zelmo1

I am going to use a blow gun and bone spear next year. I just need shoulder, back and knee surgery to run em down  :funnyturkey:

Yoder409

Quote from: zelmo1 on June 03, 2022, 12:40:49 PM
I am going to use a blow gun and bone spear next year. I just need shoulder, back and knee surgery to run em down  :funnyturkey:

Solid plan !!!!    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Just ran across my old Wrist Rocket the other day.............   Thinking a new band and a sack of marbles and next spring is a WHOOOOOOOLE new ballgame for me !!!    :you_rock:
PA elitist since 1979

BDeal

Quote from: silvestris on June 03, 2022, 12:21:50 PM
I am me and I will criticize most that employ tactics that I consider to be beyond the bounds of fair chase, whether legal or not.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: silvestris on June 03, 2022, 12:21:50 PM
Imagine that!! You criticize anyone who doesn't think, talk, act and hunt like you.

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 02, 2022, 10:29:30 AM

We always have each other :fire:
"Solo hunter"