OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in NY.

Started by lunghit, May 24, 2022, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

Filled my second tag in New York yesterday. Heard a gobble at sunrise then nothing till about 10:00. This bird came in real quiet and didn't make a noise till he was about 75 yards away. Called him in to 20 yards and the Apex TSS 8's anchored him. 9" beard. Sad that it's over and I can't wait for next spring.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on tagging out!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

Good for you on a successful hunt.  Good looking bird. Congratulations!

JeffC

Congrats on a great season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

Way to go my friend. Nice job!
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

Quote from: Tom007 on May 24, 2022, 06:09:21 PM
Thanks everyone. Hope your season went well Tom. This bird yesterday was one of the best hunts I've had in a long time. Too bad my Shotkam battery died right before I shot. Also saw a fawn that I thought was a rabbit at first. Tiny little thing lol.

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, I am still hoping to get one, have been shooting them with my camera instead of my gun this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lunghit

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 24, 2022, 08:47:40 PM
Congratulations, I am still hoping to get one, have been shooting them with my camera instead of my gun this year.
Saw some of your pics posted here. Very nice!

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice gobbler

Sir-diealot

Quote from: lunghit on May 24, 2022, 09:03:19 PM
Thanks, had a Jake Land on my blind this morning about 6:15 not sure which of us was more surprised, me at the sound or him as he went sliding down!

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lunghit

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 25, 2022, 10:27:20 AM
Quote from: lunghit on May 24, 2022, 09:03:19 PM
Thanks, had a Jake Land on my blind this morning about 6:15 not sure which of us was more surprised, me at the sound or him as he went sliding down!

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Haha funny. That's what it's all about though. Stuff like that makes turkey hunting lots of fun.

Old Timer

sweet success! Glad for you.

bonasa

the Ward

Congrats lunghit, beautiful bird and gun!

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on May 24, 2022, 07:03:09 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on May 24, 2022, 06:09:21 PM
Thanks everyone. Hope your season went well Tom. This bird yesterday was one of the best hunts I've had in a long time. Too bad my Shotkam battery died right before I shot. Also saw a fawn that I thought was a rabbit at first. Tiny little thing lol.

Yes my friend, season going very well. I am going to NY tomorrow and Tuesday to chase my 2nd there. Been calling in Jake's and Hens, so the big boy should be around. Having a great time, sad it's almost over......be safe...
"Solo hunter"