OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What have you lost while turkey hunting?

Started by DirtNap647, May 20, 2022, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

A Mabry slate and striker in west Texas along with a Burris FF3 cover.

Lots of mouth calls, strikers, a thermacell, flashlights, gloves, lots of stuff that disappeared that I am sure that are  in the woods somewhere.

turkeyfool

I lost a striker this spring from Clay Townsend that I'd kill to have back

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Rapscallion Vermilion

8 pounds one year, a Gibson crow call, a trumpet lipstop (recovered), a Thermacell (recovered)

OJR

Gooserbat

Myself.

Seriously dad had to come find me when I was nine years old.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WV Flopper

LOL.

I was set up Friday, I set up in the rain. When it started getting light I took off my FFF3 cover and placed it in the bend of my leg. Welllllll when I got up to relocate I forgot all about it.

I figure its laying within three feet of that big white oak. I will get it in a bit, it's not far from the house.

Old Timer

I got jinxed reading this one. Lost my best striker today. I think mountain spring from PA. An older gent made it. Had it 25+ years. It would give a sweet high pitch on a glass call. I believe it was maple. Real bummer brought me a many a gobbler to the gun over the years. I guess I'll have to find me a striker maker.

makestomstremble

I have lost two short legged turkey stools, one in state and one in S. Dakota. I have lost several nice box calls, as I tend to pull calls out, go back and forth trying to find what gets the best response, shoot bird, in the excitement walk off and leave stuff. Lost a pocket knife once that my dad had gotten me for Christmas as a kid, found it several years later, cleaned it up and put it away. Lost a walkie talkie once in the mountains of SE Oklahoma, retraced steps and found it later. I have also found a Lynch world champion box once in the middle of the road, lid busted. Took it home and fixed it, only to lose it myself several years later.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Howie g

I'm lost a really good wing bone called the lst day of season this year . Luckily my buddy made me another just as good promptly .

bwhana

Not my loss, but I miraculously found a diy wingbone in tall grass the day I tagged out. I thought it was a spike shed at first glance.  Has a nice tone!

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Old Timer on May 25, 2022, 04:12:51 PM
I got jinxed reading this one. Lost my best striker today. I think mountain spring from PA. An older gent made it. Had it 25+ years. It would give a sweet high pitch on a glass call. I believe it was maple. Real bummer brought me a many a gobbler to the gun over the years. I guess I'll have to find me a striker maker.
Our own Neal Hermann on here as Neal.  Dude makes a great striker, try the snakewood.  Not cheap but his quality is outstanding.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

lunghit

Roll of toilet paper which led to my loss of socks.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"