OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What have you lost while turkey hunting?

Started by DirtNap647, May 20, 2022, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

Stress
I laugh at myself a lot and enjoy all the twists and turns turkey hunting brings.
I love playing the game but I think the turkeys win most of the time.

Cowboy

I lost my favorite striker. Looked and looked then gave up. Hunted same area later on and went to look one more time. Bingo! It was laying length wise on top if a tree root clump where I was sitting. Hard to see. I also lost my Gooserbat mouth call I had less than a week. My Dad, 72, lost his cell phone twice! Looked and searched around three or four spots. Nada. Fifth spot found it laying on a guys logging equipment. He stopped there to call.  We know the logger( my neighbor) plus had permission to hunt that piece of property from the landowner. Second time he found it laying in the gravel road near a spot he hunted. Opposite side of the road.  Thinks he left it on the hood of his truck and drove away. He also lost a handmade box call made for him by a feller with a last name Dies from Tennessee.  Anyone know him? Never found the box call anywhere. My son Kaidan, 11, informed me he lost his striker and a box call. Funny he never told me until AFTER season was over....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Howie g

Oh , just a few small things like , jobs / girlfriends etc . Nothing that couldn't be replaced

Zobo

Quote from: Howie g on May 21, 2022, 06:51:15 AM
Oh , just a few small things like , jobs / girlfriends etc . Nothing that couldn't be replaced

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

zelmo1

captpete

I have been pretty fortunate. I have only lost 2 strikers and a cheap pocket knife. I did leave another striker & a Primos gobble shaker in the timber. I didn't loose them, I know exactly where I left them...I could walk right to the spot. It just wasn't worth the 6 hour round trip drive to go back and get them. I have often wondered if somebody else has found them.

Hoot 000

Strikers,pot call ,so called friends, shells,almost lost a job and a marriage got bad cause of it. Admit it fellas for some of us it is a disease.

shatcher

A crystal mistress in a box elder pot that I picked up at the NWTF show in Nashville.  Went back twice looking for it.

Kylongspur88

This year? Cherry wood striker and sleep. Over the years I've lost a water bottle, some small binoculars, a pocket knife, decoy stake.... Probably some other stuff. I swear one of the places I hunt has a void or something.

hawk1958

Strikers!

Left one at a tree early this season. Went hunting a few weeks later and forgot any strikers. I walked over and found the earlier lost striker. Back to hunting.

I currently have two in the timber. I have a good idea where they may be. It's cooling off so I may take a look but will probably go fishing instead.

hawk1958

guesswho

Enough to open a small sporting goods store.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: Cowboy on May 21, 2022, 05:20:06 AM
I lost my favorite striker. Looked and looked then gave up. Hunted same area later on and went to look one more time. Bingo! It was laying length wise on top if a tree root clump where I was sitting. Hard to see. I also lost my Gooserbat mouth call I had less than a week. My Dad, 72, lost his cell phone twice! Looked and searched around three or four spots. Nada. Fifth spot found it laying on a guys logging equipment. He stopped there to call.  We know the logger( my neighbor) plus had permission to hunt that piece of property from the landowner. Second time he found it laying in the gravel road near a spot he hunted. Opposite side of the road.  Thinks he left it on the hood of his truck and drove away. He also lost a handmade box call made for him by a feller with a last name Dies from Tennessee.  Anyone know him? Never found the box call anywhere. My son Kaidan, 11, informed me he lost his striker and a box call. Funny he never told me until AFTER season was over....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes, Clarence Dies ... i have one of his boxes ...

RutnNStrutn

I normally pretty anal about my stuff, so I don't generally lose things. But one year I did lose my favorite striker.
It was an aluminum striker from Mudpuppy. I've never been able to track him down for a replacement.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Took the decoys out with my grandson on his first hunt of the season.  We lost a decoy stake and he lost a striker on the hike and I guessed that we lost em at a big creek crossing.
On his last hunt of the season, we walked back into that creek crossing and found the stake and the striker within 3 feet of each other.  Sometimes you get lucky.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!