OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bicep Question?

Started by guesswho, June 13, 2011, 11:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I know some of you may have some experience along this line so here goes.

Is it normal for you to have no control at all of your bicep after shoulder surgery and having the bicep tendon fixed also?  I did have a nerve block about 7 a.m. this morning, it's now 11:07 and I can't move my bicep at all and it's driving me crazy.  I can move my fingers real good and have sensation in them, but not the bicep.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRKYHTR

I don't know how your bicep tendon was fixed. Most of the time they drill a hole in your acromion and attach it with a screw. If thats how they did it you should be able to move your bicep. The nerve blocks can be tricky and take a long time to get back to normal. I wouldn't worry until tomorrow morning. You should be able to move it then, if not give the Dr. a call. Also your brain works in mysterious ways. It will shut down the nerves in the area where you have surgery and you wont be able to move it. You should be 4 weeks of passive range of motion only.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Woodsman4God

Nerve blocks can be real funny, been a long time since I had one and it was in my hand not arm and I dont remember using my hand that entire day, I crushed the tip of one of my fingers and they had to remove the nail and do some major repair to the bone removing chips and somehow reconnecting multiple fractures in the tip

timbrhuntr

Glad to hear that!

guesswho

I have feeling and I'm also able to move it now.  Thats a big relief. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff