only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2022 season recap (picture heavy)

Started by RutnNStrutn, May 18, 2022, 10:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ybuck

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Old Timer on May 19, 2022, 12:39:15 PM
Congrats to you. Looks like you enjoyed your trips and got rewarded. Did you go with a partner or a group? I would like to do a little more cross state hunting. But I need a partner with the driving and so forth. I think with my running and gunning tactics I wore them out. Lol. But to be honest most of the time I hunt alone. A good partner I had has passed years back and another friend is so busy with work we rarely connect anymore. Congrats again for your success!
Yes, when I travel I go with the guys I deer hunt with. I don't think I'd enjoy traveling and hunting by myself. It's OK when I'm home or at my hunt camp.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OJR

Congratulations on a great season! You mentioned Hulett, WY. I harvested a beautiful Merriam's in a snow storm on a mountain top there a few years back. One of the most satisfying hunts of my life. Beautiful country. Congrats again!

Sixes

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: OJR on May 19, 2022, 03:12:37 PM
Congratulations on a great season! You mentioned Hulett, WY. I harvested a beautiful Merriam's in a snow storm on a mountain top there a few years back. One of the most satisfying hunts of my life. Beautiful country. Congrats again!
They had a blizzard there a week and a half before we got there. There was still patchy spots of snow here and there. I can see why harvesting one in the snow would be satisfying.

Wisgobbler

Congratulations! Love the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtnap

Nice work.

It was a good season for sure.

Yoteduster

Congrats on some nice gobblers..hope you didn't run into any aliens there at the tower lol nice pictures

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Yoteduster on May 20, 2022, 12:00:02 AM
Congrats on some nice gobblers..hope you didn't run into any aliens there at the tower lol nice pictures
LOL!!!
Not this time!!

joey46

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 19, 2022, 04:04:05 PM
They had a blizzard there a week and a half before we got there. There was still patchy spots of snow here and there. I can see why harvesting one in the snow would be satisfying.

Since we were there basically at the same time I'll add this pic to your post.  I was still two hours plus from my target area when I ran into this.  Hadn't been in snow since 2004 and thought, "what have I got myself into".  Picture date shows 5/2. 

NCL

Congratulation on great hunts. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: joey46 on May 20, 2022, 06:09:37 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 19, 2022, 04:04:05 PM

Since we were there basically at the same time I'll add this pic to your post.  I was still two hours plus from my target area when I ran into this.  Hadn't been in snow since 2004 and thought, "what have I got myself into".  Picture date shows 5/2.
Wow!! Glad we didn't have that!! We did have most mornings in the 30's with winds blowing.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

g8rvet

Great season and awesome pics.  Glad you had both a fun and successful season!
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: g8rvet on May 20, 2022, 08:49:54 PM
Great season and awesome pics.  Glad you had both a fun and successful season!
Thanks Larry!!