turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I may regret this

Started by Sir-diealot, May 11, 2022, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I may regret this but I turned him away, very easy shot. I want that paintbrush I saw and this is the only spot I have to sit so I don't want to spook the paintbrush by shooting.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yelper

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!!! You may not see any of them again. :anim_25:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yelper on May 11, 2022, 11:02:14 AM
a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!!! You may not see any of them again. :anim_25:
I know, first time I have tried to target a bird and I may well kick myself in the backside, but it just feels like I have to for some reason.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

paboxcall

Looks and sounds like you are having a good season so far Steve, and birds seem to be hanging close by. Your hunt, your terms, and seeing birds is already a win.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Old Timer

Nice pics Steve! How are you taking them?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on May 11, 2022, 11:14:09 AM
Looks and sounds like you are having a good season so far Steve, and birds seem to be hanging close by. Your hunt, your terms, and seeing birds is already a win.
Yes it really has been a good one, I could have taken one each day I have been out, I have only been out 4 days I think. Had I realized how nice the one was on opening day I would have, I really have been working on pictures this year though moreso than hunting. I will get serious after this week though I have learned a lot doing it this season. I got this one mid gobble this morning, To far to shoot, a easy hundred yards

John Koenig:

guesswho

Hat tip to you Sir.  I hope it pays off for you.  But if it doesn't, take satisfaction in your decision.  You won wether you pulled the trigger or not.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Old Timer on May 11, 2022, 11:23:31 AM
Nice pics Steve! How are you taking them?
I am using a Canon eos M50 camera and a 300mm lens on a tripod in the blind with me. I had been using silent mode but was not happy with the quality of the pictures so I switched to manual mode this morning and tried with a hen that was right in front of me, I was surprised and happy to find out the sound did not bother them, now the pics will be much higher quality.

John Koenig:

Cowboy

You choice on how you hunt. Sounds satisfying for ya already. Really good pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the Ward

Quote from: guesswho on May 11, 2022, 11:33:49 AM
Hat tip to you Sir.  I hope it pays off for you.  But if it doesn't, take satisfaction in your decision.  You won wether you pulled the trigger or not.

100% agree. You don't have to always shoot to have a successful hunt. You counted coup, I'd
call that a win. If you have a goal, stick with it, you will be much more satisfied. Thanks for posting
your pictures!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on May 11, 2022, 11:33:49 AM
Thanks bud will do for sure. Only thing I have not liked is that turkey have been feeding in front of me but they have not talked much and I wanted to hear that so I could learn from it.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cowboy on May 11, 2022, 11:44:30 AM
You choice on how you hunt. Sounds satisfying for ya already. Really good pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks, you can sure see the difference between silent mode and manual, manual is much better, the two up top are manual and the one of the one gobbling is the camera selecting everything. Oh sorry, yes very satisfying.

John Koenig:

eggshell

Taking guesswho's hat away from him and tipping it to you. Many years ago an old sage told me this, "son the fun ends when you pull the trigger". As a young man I didn't totally agree as the showing off my bird and bragging rights seemed part of it to me. Now it is rare anyone but my wife ever sees a bird in person and only a very small circle of friends get a texted picture, he was right about the fun all comes before we pull the trigger. So, as long as your having fun keep you determination and enjoy the ride.

Tom007

Your decision to choose your trophy is as important as taking him. Good luck Steve, your having a great season....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Nice pictures, agree hunt the way you want ...