turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wish list?

Started by TauntoHawk, June 13, 2011, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Alright, seasons are over. whats your top 5 things your hoping to add before next season ok maybe ten we all know theres a million little things when it comes to turkey hunting and it feels like were never done finding new things we dont need to take into the woods to help us kill a couple of big black birds every spring

1. I want to try a sumtoy choke can never have tooo many pellets in the a dead bird
2. add some more hooks mouth calls, tried a few this year and they were all I used in the field, but lost my exicutioner on the last week of the season while taking pictures with my second bird..
3. would like a jake decoy but not a fan of any on the market except DSD and not sure im willing to sell out that much for a decoy I would only use every now and then.
4. try some custom pot calls.. i tried my first custom mouth calls this season and was blown away at the difference so its time to try so custom pots
5. Still looking for the perfect pair of turkey pants.. either they are too warm for the late season not durable enough, dont breath well or pick up burrs or dont have enough functional pockets. DID find the perfect shirt an ol' tom run and gun  is straight Awesome!

6. is a gun for my wife so I can carry as well when i take her out
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobble!

1. enough with h13 i want some nitros

2. may sell the dsd strutter and get the dsd jake

Tail Feathers

Only two things on my list.
The perfect mouth call.
The perfect choke/load combo.

See?  I'm easy to please. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

socalturkeyman

Just to have one spot to go and be alone with some birds. Now that will probablly never happen lol.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

VaTuRkStOmPeR

1.  Pick up an additional deer, turkey and waterforlw lease in the 400-600 acre size within 20 minutes of my house.

2.  Secure additional turkey leases in Georgia and New York.

3.  Keep working a lot of overtime to bring myself closer to purchasing 200 acres in Iowa within the next 3 years.

4.  Re-polish the barrels on both of my turkey guns.

5.  Get some new pot calls from Wendel and another box call or two from my buddy Robert Clifft.

WNY Bowhunter

Sending my Browning BPS out to be camo dipped...

Booking a hunt in Nebraska next spring...

Do some serious scouting on my new 270 acre/deer turkey lease...

Gotta pick up a couple of Zink LCD decoys...

Need to add a new slate to my call arsenal...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

drenalinld

870 youth model 20 gauge for me.

ditto for my wife.

3rd week of vacation to use just for turkey hunting. Should happen Jan 1.   :smiley-char092:

Rob Roberts forcing cone work on the SBEII.

Comfortable, warm weather hunting boots in size 15!!!!

CASH

I would love to have my daughter here on spring break so I could take her to bag her first gobbler.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on June 13, 2011, 02:33:45 PM

Do some serious scouting on my new 270 acre/deer turkey lease...

J,

You going to call me about all your henless 2 year olds?   :TooFunny:

TurkeyAssassin

1. To have a place to hunt

2. To get to kill my first turkey
Owner of FC Photography
www.facebook.com/FC.Photography01

doepee

1. New choke for sbe 2 ... sumtoy, rhino, rob roberts .. looking for better numbers
2. DSD hen decoys
3.new choke for 10 ga. bps
4. maybe nitros ...not sure
5.another place to turkey hunt
6. MORE CALLS.. ;D

Cove

I'm wanting to add a 20 gauge killer to the lineup, stretch some of my own mouth calls and add a few new pot calls (I'm wanting something copper). I'm sure I can come up with something else by March. . . .  :you_rock:

Hognutz

1. New box call. Albert Paul or SS Custom.

2. DSD alert hen decoy.

3. DSD jake decoy.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hobbes

I've been saying it for the last couple years, but I think I'll have to finally break down and buy a new vest or a pack of some sort.  I kept her going with a little needle and thread the last couple years, but I think I've about done it in.  The poor thing has earned its retirement, but it will be like finally giving up on an old dog you've hunted with for year.

I can't think of anything else that I want, but I suppose that could change.  I can't concentrate on my needs for next turkey season because of the list of things I want for the upcoming archery elk season.  Most of which won't be purchased.

wisconsinteacher

1. Find more farms to hunt
2. 2 more calls
3. Vest (I have never had one)
4. A few more Hooks mouth calls
5. a 10ga or 20ga set up for turkey hunting (if I have extra money so I am not holding my breath on it)